- "I am Cathaire, disciple of Andraste and commander of her armies. I saw all these things done, and knew that He smiled on us."
Spirit of Disciple Cathaire
In order to advance in A Test of Faith you will need to answer Disciple Cathaire's riddle. "No man has seen it but all man know it. Lighter than air, sharper than any sword. Comes from nothing but would fell the strongest armies."
The correct answer is "Hunger". However, " I don't know." is an acceptable answer. Disciple Cathaire is one of the few spirits that accepts "I don't know."
If the Warden answers correctly or has chosen "I don't know" then the spirit will disappear. If the Warden answers incorrectly then they will have to fight an Ash Wraith.
- "Yes, hunger was the weapon used against the wicked men of the Tevinter Imperium."
- "The Maker kindled the sun's flame, scorching the land. Their crops failed, and their armies could not march. Then He opened the heavens and bade the waters flow, and washed away their filth."
- "I am Cathaire, disciple of Andraste and commander of Her armies. I saw these things done, and knew the Maker smiled on us!"
- "Perhaps you know nothing of suffering or war. There is wisdom in innocence, too. Go forward."