Dennet is a horsemaster found in the Hinterlands.
Dennet was born in Redcliffe to a local farrier. He showed a gift with horses from a very young age. Once, while he was accompanying his father to Redcliffe Castle's stables, he managed to calm down a young stallion that had broken free with a few soothing words, saving a serving girl from being trampled in the process. Upon seeing this, Redcliffe's horsemaster promptly took him as his apprentice. Dennet grew up tending horses and teaching the children of the castle - including a young Alistair Theirin - how to ride.
He became Redcliffe's horsemaster upon the death of his predecessor, who died of a mysterious illness he'd contracted from one of his horses. Despite its rarity in the last centuries, Dennet correctly recognized the disease as being the Blight and prevented its spread. This experience proved vital in saving lives during the Fifth Blight, more than a decade later.
Upon arriving in the Hinterlands, the Herald is encouraged to seek out Horsemaster Dennet to secure horses for the Inquisition. Dennet was once Redcliffe's horsemaster, and his mounts are said to be the finest in Ferelden. He lives on a farm in the northwest of the Hinterlands with his wife and daughter. Though he agrees to help the Inquisition, he first needs to know that his horses will be well-cared for, and that the farmlands will be safe. He sends you to speak to his wife Elaina and his farmhand Bron to see what they need. This will unlock the quests Trouble with Wolves and Farmland Security. He gives the Inquisitor one horse to begin with, a Fereldan Forder, which can be obtained by talking to his daughter Seanna.Haven's and Skyhold's stables, where he will sell various species of mounts. In addition, a perk called "Horsemaster Dennet" will automatically be obtained as well.
- Likely author of Codex entry: A Horsemaster's Notes on Mounts and Codex entry: The Hinterlands
- Dennet will call an elven Inquisitor a halla-rider, and a Dwarven Inquisitor a mule-rider, which he considers a mark of admiration.
- When asked about the status of his horses, Dennent's response will change over time.
- Haven: "Haven is groaning under the weight. It wasn't built for this. But we'll make it serve."
- Skyhold (First Time): "Surprisingly well. Not many can feed these people, let alone their mounts. Makes me wonder what you're capable of."
- Skyhold (Eventually): "Over-supplied. Never thought a mountain pass could seem like luxury."
- When asked if he knows of any updates, Dennet will always only say "Too busy to hear things. And that's how I like it." When first spoken to in Skyhold, he will however, tell the Inquisitor he wonders about the status of his family back in Redcliffe.
- Blackwall can always be seen relatively close to Dennet's stables in both locations, if recruited for the Inquisition.