When you are ready speak to Seneschal Varel and make your choice. You have 5 options.
- "The orders stand. The city must be protected."
- "Amaranthine has its walls. Let the farms have our soldiers."
- "Trade must flow. We need supplies to fight the darkspawn."
- "Let's do our best to protect them all."
- If you choose Captain Garevel he will assign soldiers to defend the city above all else.
- If you choose to assign soldiers to defend the trade routes, then your merchants will have more goods to sell.
- If you choose the soldiers to defend your farms the epilogue will mention that a great deal of damage to the farmlands was mitigated thanks to the soldiers.
- Choosing the last option states you'll try to protect everything.
- Defending the trade routes results in the merchant Yuriah gaining new wares, but at the cost of darkspawn overwhelming the lands.
- The Peasant Revolution will occur regardless of choice.