Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “A fool trusts his eyes. A wise man fears every rock is a deepstalker.” ―Dwarven saying
Deepstalkers, called tezpadam by the dwarves, are small lizardlike creatures found throughout the Deep Roads. They are vicious predators of the dark that carve small tunnels through the stone in search of prey, usually nugs.
Scaled like a lizard but with the head and frightful maw of a worm, the deepstalker walks and leaps on two powerful hind legs and uses extended tail to stay balanced. It is able to curl up into a ball that will be indistinguishable from the stone around it.
Deepstalkers hunt in packs, generally by burrowing underground and then striking when their prey is in their midst. Another common way is to camouflage themselves and when the bait is close to launch a surprise attack. They run and jump at their victims, attacking with razor claws and lamprey-like mouths full of serrated teeth. If they encounter a group, deepstalkers do not attack unless they have a major numerical advantage, but instead they wait until someone from the group is separated. Some deepstalkers are capable of spitting either acid or paralytic poison from venom glands. Although a single deepstalker poses little threat to any experienced explorer, packs can be quite lethal.
Deepstalkers are sometimes domesticated.
Stalkers come in several types. Spitters have venom glands and can spit secretions that slow or injure their prey. Jumpers hurl themselves at their targets, knocking them down and making the kill easier. The most common variety scares and distracts its prey, allowing the rest of the pack to close in.
- Deepstalker, the small critter variant
- Deepstalker runner
- Deepstalker leader, the medium lieutenant variant
- Deepstalker matriarch, the boss variant
Dragon Age: OriginsOverwhelm Scare Acid Spit Slowing Spit
Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Cold Vulnerability
- Electricity Vulnerability
See also EditCodex entry: Deepstalker (Origins) Codex entry: Deepstalker
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Codex entry: Deepstalker
- ↑ Encountered but not fought in the Deep Roads Grotto.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Codex entry: Deepstalker
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, pp. 163, 177, 182
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Dragon Age (tabletop RPG), Game Master's Guide, set 2, p. 24
- ↑ Dragon Age: Origins: Prima Official Game Guide, p. 146
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Dragon Age: The Calling, pp. 230-231
- ↑ Tame deepstalkers may be encountered in Carta Hideout.