Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Dead Hand is an elven shrine located in the Exalted Plains. It is of Elven origin, marked outwardly by a giant stone hand that possibly once belonged to a statue in proportion with it.
Archer and Pillar Puzzle Edit
As you enter the room with the archer, there is a switch to the southeast, which will open a gate on the east side of the room. Move one of your squad into that space and have them hold position. Each time you move a member of your party, reissue the hold command. Doing so will keep them in their places while you complete the puzzles. Then, return the switch to its original position, giving the trapped character access to one of the torches and a switch.
1. The southwest pillar is already down, so use the switch on the small statue to the north to rotate the archer.
2. The northeast side pillar can be lowered by lighting all three of the blue flame torches. One torch is closest to the entrance on the western side, another is behind the gate on the west side (near the southwest switch) and the last torch is on the eastern side. This action is timed (albeit generously), so you may want your teammates to hold position close to each torch before lighting (keep someone close to the switch as well). After all the torches are lit, pull the switch to rotate the archer.
3. The northwest pillar can be lit up by having one character stand on the pressure plate that glows in the northernmost corner of the room, while another character pulls the lever to spin the archer.
4. The southeast is the most complicated. Have your trapped teammate use the switch they have access to, allowing another team mate to go through a gate on the north-western side, where there is a crank. One teammate will need to stay next to the archer rotating switch, as the pillar will go back up quite quickly after the crank is fully turned. (Don't forget to release your trapped teammate!)
Once all the artifacts have been lit, balls of light emerge (which must be followed for them to move) and light the remaining two artifacts, opening the gate. Enter and loot the crypt, then go into the next room. You will face a Revenant or an Arcane horror and several Undead, kill them then loot the room. This battle is repeatable on subsequent visits to the crypt, which is helpful for farming rare crafting materials and creature research items from the undead.
Solving the archer puzzle inside yields:
- 967 XP
- 200 Influence
- 2 Power
- A Superb Amulet of Cunning
+10 Cunning is looted from atop a grave in the room north-east of the archer once the puzzle is complete.