David Gaider was a writer at BioWare's Edmonton studio from 1999 until 2016. He was the Lead Writer of the Dragon Age series, including the games Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, and was responsible for story and setting design.
Prior to joining the Dragon Age team, he worked on such titles as Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Neverwinter Nights (as well as its expansions).
On March 3, 2015, Gaider officially announced he would be leaving the Dragon Age series in the near future to work on Bioware's new project, and that Patrick Weekes would be taking over as Lead Writer of the Dragon Age series. On January 22, 2016, Gaider left BioWare  and began working for developer Beamdog as Creative Director.
Dragon Age: Origins
Gaider wrote Zevran Arainai, Alistair, Cailan, Morrigan, Shale, and a large part of Duncan. David Gaider also created the Dalish Elf Origin, Human Noble Origin, and the Nature of the Beast and Arl of Redcliffe questlines.
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
Dragon Age II
Dragon Age: Inquisition
He penned the prequel novels Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne and Dragon Age: The Calling, as well as Dragon Age: Asunder. He also wrote the stories for the comics Dragon Age: The Silent Grove, Dragon Age: Those Who Speak and Dragon Age: Until We Sleep. He also contributed to the writing of Dragon Age: The World of Thedas Volume 1 and Dragon Age: The World of Thedas Volume 2.
- ↑ David Gaider. https://twitter.com/davidgaider/status/572890115661418497 . Twitter.
- ↑ David Gaider. https://twitter.com/davidgaider/status/572890760728600576 . Twitter. .
- ↑ David Gaider. https://twitter.com/davidgaider/status/690565564998152192 . Twitter.
- ↑ Former BioWare Scribe David Gaider Joins Beamdog As Creative Director
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 David Gaider. On things I've written . Tumblr.
- ↑ David Gaider. Which team member wrote which DA character? . Tumblr.
- ↑ David Gaider. https://twitter.com/davidgaider/status/174658856499159041 . Twitter.