- "You're back? But it takes a minimum of two weeks and four days to make the journey to the Circle Tower and back."
She hates being around stone and tradition, and wishes to travel to the Circle of Magi to study, a peculiar desire for a dwarf as they are incapable of using magic. She is the daughter of Janar the armorer and can initially be encountered to the west of Orzammar Commons, just outside Garin's stall.
|Click here to reveal spoilers|
for Dragon Age: Origins.
Dagna offers the quest An Unlikely Scholar. She wishes the Warden to travel to the Circle of Magi and speak to the First Enchanter, so she may study there. Dagna is intrigued by the theory of magic, even though she knows that, as a dwarf, she will never be able to practice magic as a mage can.Warden succeeds in gaining her a place at the Tower, the epilogue will state that she writes "a comprehensive theory of how lyrium vapors relate to the supply of magic". If the Circle has not been granted independence, "This inspired mages from other parts of Thedas to establish a new Circle of Magi in Orzammar itself, one that had ready access to dwarven lyrium... and lies outside the Chantry's power completely. The willingness of Orzammar to harbor apostates sparked outrage that began whispers that the Divine was contemplating a new Exalted March."
- Dagna is not the first dwarf allowed into the Circle of Magi. The other known dwarf is Minderel.
- If the Warden tells of her plans to her father, and then talks to her, she reveals she is 19 years old.
- Her name could be a nod to a Dwarf in the books of R.A. Salvatore, Dagna Waybeard.
- It's possible, when completing Dagna's quest, after convincing First Enchanter Irving to accept Dagna as a student, if you leave the first level of the Circle Tower and then return, Dagna will already be in the library. When you speak to her, she will have the same dialogue as if you had returned to Orzammar to complete the quest (i.e. you tell her that she has been accepted and she says she will leave for the tower). Then, when you return to Orzammar, she will still be standing in the Commons, but her dialogue will be the same as if you visited her in the Circle Tower after she becomes a student (i.e. she will tell you how amazing the tower is).