The Disciples of Andraste is a group of people which was created after the death of Andraste for the purpose of protecting and continuing her legacy.
According to the Guardian, when the Imperium killed the prophet this group carried her remnants to the other corner of the Imperium, in the Frostback Mountains and vowed to forever revere her memory and guard her. However, one of their members, an ancestor of the cult's current leader, Kolgrim, came to regard himself as a prophet and said that Andraste has been reborn once again in the form of a High Dragon and all those who opposed him were silenced by force.
Since then, only the Guardian resides in the The Gauntlet chamber with the Urn and is protecting the ashes as the rest of the disciples are unable to kill him. The other disciples reside in the Ruined Temple proper, nearby Caverns and upon the mountain side in their village called Haven.
In 9:30 Dragon, Haven was discovered by Brother Genitivi, who was searching for the Urn of Andraste. The Disciples held him captive and interrogated him, hoping to learn enough to send an impostor into the outside world. They also sent an agent to kill and impersonate his assistant Weylon in Denerim to dissuade or misdirect any other searchers, as well as arranged for the capture or ambush of Redcliffe knights sent in search of Genitivi.
The Warden may choose to ally with them and follow Kolgrim's task which is to spill some blood of the High Dragon, which they think is Andraste, to the Urn of Andraste. Doing so, the Warden will be called as a champion by the cultists and considered as one of them as well as have the privilege to drink ritually prepared dragon blood in order to become a reaver.However the Warden may choose to reject Kolgrim's offer or cross the cultists afterwards, in which case even more cultists along with their leader are killed. In either case the death toll inflicted on the group is high as depicted by the number of gravestones found afterwards in the village.
Historical disciples Edit
Some of these disciples can be found in The Gauntlet as part of A Test of Faith quest by giving riddles to the Warden. They are, in fact, Ash Wraiths which were summoned by an ancient Tevinter ritual. This ritual involved the immolation of the disciple.
- Cathaire: Leader of Andraste's army.
- Havard: He gathered Andraste's ashes and hid them for safekeeping.
- Guardian: One of the original disciples.
- Hessarian, the Redeemed: The Tevinter Archon who repented of his execution of Andraste and turned the Imperium to the worship of the Maker.
- Brona: Andraste's mother.
- Hector: Lord of the fortress of Nevarra. When Maferath betrayed Andraste and Tevinter captured her at Hector's stronghold, Hector leapt to her defense and was shot full of arrows.
- Shartan: Leader of the elven slave rebellion who joined Andraste in battling the Imperium.
- Justinia: A Tevinter slave and friend of Andraste who remained by Andraste's side during her war against Tevinter.
Cultist disciples Edit
- Kolgrim: Current cult leader.
- Eirik: Revered Father of the Haven Chantry.
- Haven Village Guard: A guard keeping watch in the Village of Haven.
- Shopkeeper: The shopkeeper of the Village Store in Haven.
- Weylon (the impostor, not the assistant of Brother Genitivi)
- Tamar: An agent of the Inquisition
When facing a group of Cultists, it is best to send a character with a fair amount of armor (though not your parties tank) to attack the group's mage. Doing so will distract the mage from attacking the entire party with high damage area of effect spells.
Cultist archer Edit
Skills used:Dirty Fighting Pinning Shot Shattering Shot
Cultist assassin Edit
Skills used:Mark of Death Stealth
Cultist mage Edit
Spells used:Cone of Cold Winter's Grasp Lightning Shock Chain Lightning Fireball Weakness Vulnerability Hex Misdirection Hex
Cultist overseer Edit
Skills used:Anti-Magic Ward Spell Shield Dispel Magic Aura of Pain Devour Combat Magic Shimmering Shield
Cultist reaver Edit
Skills used:Flurry Precise Striking Indomitable Powerful Swings Sunder Arms
Locations EditRuined Temple Haven Caverns Lake Calenhad Docks Genitivi's Home
See also Edit
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 125
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 115
- ↑ Description of Hector's statue in Emprise du Lion