Crime Wave is a series of quests received from Slim Couldry in the Denerim Market District. One of his accomplices sees the Warden's potential for being sneaky, and asks for their help in robbing some of the nobles.
The Warden needs either the Stealth talent or to have learnt the Stealing skill for Slim Couldry to appear. He will offer the interested Warden two types of jobs: burglaries and pick-pocketing. The Warden may decline both or one of the proposed job types, or accept them. Once a job is done, Slim Couldry will have some dialogue about it and if the Warden is interested in more jobs, then Slim will offer the next job in line, provided that the conditions of acquiring the next quest are met. If they are not, then he will tell the Warden that he is still working on it and to "come back later".
To find Slim, head towards the Chantry in the Market District. He is standing next to Goldanna's House (when facing the door, Slim is off to the left). When clicked on, Slim will engage in a little banter with the Warden, eventually coming to the point and asking the Warden to pay money in return for tips on "merchandise" to swipe. The available sub-quests are eight and are equally divided into two categories: "marks" and "burglaries".
Note: The appearance of NPCs for certain marks may interfere with other quests; for example, Master Tilver's guards will prevent access to the Mages' Collective representative, and Loghain's seneschal and his entourage will cause the Crimson Oars to vanish from the Gnawed Noble Tavern. If this happens, complete the job and hand it in to Slim to reset the area. All NPCs in question only appear during the mark and are removed from the game after handing in the mark (with the exception of leftover corpses and bones from killing anyone).
First mark Edit
- Main article: Rob the maid in the market
The Warden is tasked to steal a purse full of gems from a lady's maid in the market.
Second mark Edit
- Main article: Acquire Ser Nancine's sword
Third mark Edit
- Main article: Steal Master Tilver's key
Fourth mark Edit
- Main article: Steal the teyrn's crown
First burglary Edit
- Main article: The Absent Mistress
The Warden is tasked to break in Lady Sophie's room in the Gnawed Noble Tavern and steal her valuable possessions.
Second burglary Edit
- Main article: A Fistful of Silver
Third burglary Edit
- Main article: The Private Collection
The Warden is tasked to enter Bann Franderel's Estate and steal some of his rare possessions.
Fourth burglary Edit
- Main article: The Tears of Andraste
- The total expenditure is 000015500015 50 0 and the total profit can be over 35. However, the quest does not seem to have any major impact on the storyline.
- After completing the fourth mark, Slim will mention that some people have begun to refer to the Warden as the "Dark Wolf". Furthermore, in Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Varel will speak of a "Dark Wolf" that has caused trouble amongst the nobles. If a save was imported in which the fourth mark was successfully completed, you have the option of saying "(Lie) Dark Wolf? Never heard of him/her." If the Warden-Commander meets the person posing as the Dark Wolf, you have the option to tell him that you are the real Dark Wolf.