Controls are used to interact with the game world. Players may move, engage in combat, and access several important game resources. Controls vary across each gaming format.
PC Players can use the keyboard and mouse in the following ways:
- Using the W and S keys allows forward movement towards the top and bottom of the screen, respectively. Using the A and D keys turns the camera; the character's forward movement can change in the direction of the new camera perspective.
- Right-clicking a point on the ground orders the currently controlled character to move to that point; certain points are inaccessible, though.
- Pressing and holding both mouse buttons allows characters to walk/run in the direction the camera is facing. Moving the mouse under this condition moves the character's direction of movement.
- Right-clicking an enemy will order your character to attack that enemy; left-clicking will target the enemy.
- The Space bar pauses the game and allows players to consider tactics.
- Rolling the scroll wheel zooms the camera in and out. Zooming out enables a wider view of the field; this tactical view also allows players to consider their tactics. While in this view, moving the mouse to any edge of the screen moves the camera in that direction. Zooming in focuses on the currently controlled character.
- F1-F4 can be used to target party members ('=' or 'CTRL+A' selects all party members at the same time)
- "I" opens the inventory
- "\" opens the tactics panel
- "C" allows you to look at each character's stats, heroic accomplishments, and set auto-level
- "J" opens the active quests tab of the player's journal.
- "H" holds/releases party members movement: by default party members are moving after the active member; holding the party members switches off this option and allows to place them in specific places before battle or leave them and travel round the location by the active party member only
- "Tab" highlights all objects that the player can interact with (e.g. items, party members, quest objects and etc.)
- Left-clicking party members allows the player to switch perspectives, right-click to initiate dialogue
- "V" toggles the interface display. This is useful if one wishes to take a screenshot.
This section will cover the movement controls for both the PS3 and Xbox 360 version of the game.
- The left analog stick moves the character.
- The right analog stick moves the camera.
- The control pad changes the target.
- X: Attack [Also for any other action, such as talking...]
- Square, Triangle, Circle: Battle Menu shortcuts.
- L1/R1: Switch party members. [R to next, L to previous.]
- L2: Opens Radial Menu
- R2: Switch to secondary battle menu shortcuts.
- L3: Locks the target
Other [PS3 & 360]Edit
- Select: Manages character, quests, inventory... etc.
- Start: Pause Menu
- Square: Skip dialog or cut scene (PS3)