Temporary companions Edit
In Mark of the Assassin DLC.
Home base Edit
Companions will each have a home base within the town of Kirkwall. Once Hawke visits the home base, it will be marked as a hot point on the local map, enabling fast travel to that location. The majority of each companion's personal dialogue will occur at their home base, and during conversations, they will interact directly with the environment.
There will still be situation specific dialogue outside of the bases.
If a companion wishes to speak with Hawke, they may approach the PC directly and ask them over or send a letter to Hawke's home.
Gather your partyEdit
"Gather Your Party" is an interactive object which allows you to change the members of your party in Dragon Age II. There will be one in each "home" zone of your companions in Kirkwall as well as in several other locations.
- Gamlen's House (automatic on exit, works only on Act 1)
- Hawke Estate (automatic on exit, available during Acts 2 and 3)
- The Hanged Man (North, right of entrance)
- Merrill's Home (West, right of entrance)
- Fenris's Mansion (East, doorway opposite entrance)
- Viscount's Keep (North, left of entrance)
- Kirkwall Chantry (at a distance from the entrance, available only on The Exiled Prince DLC)
- Ander's Clinic at Darktown (North-East, outside doorway to Ander's Clinic)
- Qunari Compound at the Docks (South-East of entrance, at a distance from the entrance)
- The Blooming Rose at Hightown (in Velasco's room, only available during No Rest for the Wicked quest in Act3)
- Corypheus's Prison - Sashamiri's Floor (immediately on entering the level) in the Legacy DLC.
- Main article: Companion armor
Companion's armor can be upgraded by purchasing or finding the different upgrades found throughout the 3 acts. Most of these offer bonuses like increased stats or extra rune slots.
Friendship and rivalry paths Edit
- Main article: Friendship and Rivalry
Companions have both a friendship and rivalry path. This is not the same as approval and disapproval as Hawke does not gain points based on how pleasant or rude they are. Instead, it's based on PC actions, opinions, and how they handle each companion's personal quest.
- Main article: Gifts (Dragon Age II)
It is possible to give gifts to companions to increase their friendship OR rivalry. Most of these can be picked up during quests and some can be bought from stores.
Party banter Edit
When visiting a location, companions will start discussing among each other about the world and themselves, depending on certain choices made during the game and the present companions. In Mark of the Assassin, Hawke will also take part of these party banters with other companions.
Dragon Age II Edit
- In Lowtown, near Merrill's Home.
- In Hightown, near the Hawke Estate.
- Near the entrance of the Kirkwall chantry.
- Near the entrance of the Gallows Courtyard.
- In the Hanged Man, going up the stairs.
- In Lowtown, by the entrance to the Hanged Man.
- In Darktown, going down the stairs, on the way to Anders' Clinic.
Mark of the Assassin Edit
- ↑ Gaider, David. "Questions about your companions leading their lives". BioWare Social Network. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- ↑ Gaider, David. "Can both Friendship and Rivalry lead to Romance?". BioWare Social Network. Retrieved. 2011-01-10.