Combat Magic is a mage spell from the Arcane Warrior specialization in Dragon Age: Origins.
- Attack Bonus: 5.0 + (Spellpower / 5.0).
- Contrary to the tooltip, magic rather than spellpower is used in place of strength for weapon damage.
- Passive effect: magic is used in place of strength to meet weapon/gear requirements.
- Conjuration time: 1s.
- Upkeep is in Mana.
- Arcane Warrior Spellcasting: The spells can be cast with your weapon(s) drawn.
- With Aura of Might, Combat Magic additionally grants: Attack Bonus: 5.0. Defense Bonus: 10.0. Damage Bonus: 5.0.
- With Fade Shroud, Combat Magic additionally grants +25% dodge and +1/+2 mana regeneration.
- The secondary effect only works with items that require Strength. Longbows, shortbows, and daggers are unaffected.
- The game does not list this spell as having an upkeep, but in reality 50 mana is subtracted when this spell is active.
- The attack bonuses are determined when the mage casts the spell; changing equipment while the spell is active does not change the attack bonuses.
See also Edit