- See also: Arcane horror
"Upon ascending to the second floor of the tower, we were greeted by a gruesome sight: a ragged collection of bones wearing the robes of one of the senior enchanters. I had known her for years, watched her raise countless apprentices, and now she was a mere puppet for some demon."
--Transcribed from a tale told by a templar in Antiva City, 7:13 Storm
When a pride demon takes control of the corpse of a mage, an arcane horror is born. Although they appear to be little more than bones, these are fierce creatures, possessing not only all the spellcasting abilities of a living mage, but also the capacity to heal and even command other animated corpses.
Dragon Age: Inquisition: In the DA:I version only the transcribed tale appears
Related codex entries
- In Codex entry: Shade, the claim in this entry that demons must possess a body in order to enter the material world is contradicted.
- See Codex entry: Demonic Possession for general information about possession.
- See Codex entry: Pride Demon for more information about the demons that create arcane horrors.
- Codex entry: Beyond the Veil: Spirits and Demons contains general information about demons.
- Damage against undead increased