Humans, Elves, Dwarves
The City of Amaranthine is the center of The Arling of Amaranthine on the coast of the Waking Sea. It is located north of Denerim and connected via the Pilgrim's Path. During the events of Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, the Warden-Commander can visit the city.
The City of Amaranthine also attracts many pilgrims from all over Thedas. This city is where Maferath assembled his armies to invade the Tevinter Imperium and where Andraste first revealed the Chant of Light.
The city changed rapidly with the Orlesians came. They built temporary docks to accommodate ships packed with chevaliers, and for a time, Amaranthine was the capital of occupied Ferelden. The bann of Amaranthine became one of the wealthiest nobles in the kingdom, as goods like wool were leeched from the city's swollen ports.
During the liberation, the fleeing Orlesians looted the city but left it otherwise unscarred. She recovered quickly. Ironically, Amaranthine's current prosperity is the legacy of Orlesian occupation. Do not share that opinion with the locals, mind.
Merchants' Guild Edit
Chantry of our Lady Redeemer Edit
Blight Orphans Edit
- Constable Aidan
- Suspicious Guard (Dark Wolf)
- Shady Character
Special objects Edit
Approval objects Edit
- Marketplace handbills - Initiates dialog with Oghren, a possible (+4) approval by being sensitive about the subject and ending with "I have never heard of it causing a rash.". It is located by the chantry stairs.
- Statue - Initiates dialog with Nathaniel Howe, a possible (+9) approval by offering to replace the statue and ending with "Its up to you to turn that around.".
- Also a dialog point with Justice where the player can gain approval.
- Pine tree - Initiates dialog with Anders, a female warden choosing 3, 1, 4, 1 will result in (+13) . A male warden choosing 3, 1, 4, 1 will result in (+6) It is located near the wagon outside the gates.
- Tree - Initiates dialog with Velanna, choosing 1, 2 (or 3) will result in approval while telling her she would have been a good keeper results in loss of approval. It is located across from the handbills above.
- Crystal - Initiates dialog with Sigrun. It is located at Glassric's Stall.
- Elven couple - Initiates dialog with Velanna, a possible (+2) approval by telling the elves they should have chosen their words better and then "Let's leave before you start something.". They are located at the first home on the right (where Till Death Do Us Part leads) upon arriving at the city.
- The word Amaranthine possibly derives from amaranth, a flower known for its ornamental and herbal uses. "Amaranth" derives from the Greek word "ἀμάραντος", which means "unfading".
See also Edit