Dalish would be skeptical of any force as powerful and connected as the Inquisition. It will take considerable effort to earn the favor of Hawen's Clan.
Speak with Master Taniel or Loranil in the Dalish camp. Alternatively, if the Inquisitor has previously spoken with the Dalish hunter as part of A Dalish Perspective, he/she can mention the meeting with the hunter to Keeper Hawen and this will also unlock the quest.
Earn favor by completing the various subquests. The quest completes when 15 favor has been earned.
- meeting the Dalish hunter Olafin as part of A Dalish Perspective and choosing the "I met one of your hunters" conversation option when speaking to Keeper Hawen afterwards. (
- completing From the Beyond (
- completing The Spoils of Desecration by giving Keeper Hawen the key to Unadin Grotto instead of opening the door (Note: It cannot be done if the key has already been used to open the Grotto door. Additionally, it completes the quest The Spoils of Desecration and makes Unadin Grotto inaccessible by traditional means. See quest page for ways to bypass this. Unadin Grotto contains one piece of the Invasion mosaic.
- completing A Well-Stocked Camp (
- choosing the special dialogue option ("A golden halla? Halan'ghilan?") as an elven Inquisitor when speaking to Ithiren for the first time (
- completing The Golden Halla (
- completing Someone to Lose without mentioning "Blood magic" (
- completing Something to Prove (
- completing A Knight's Tomb in the Emerald Graves and accompanying dungeon exploration. Turn into the Dalish rather than the Chantry to receive
- opening the Dalish graves in Var Bellanaris (From the Beyond)Note: This loss can be offset by giving the pieces of the tomb key to Keeper Hawen instead of using it on the Unadin Grotto door. Though this makes that door inaccessible, methods for bypassing it without the key can be found on The Spoils of Desecration quest page.
- completing The Spoils of Desecration by entering Unadin Grotto (From the Beyond)
- mentioning "Blood magic" to Emalien when turning in Someone to Lose (
- It is entirely possible to negate the losses completely by looting the tomb and finishing the side quests before meeting with the Dalish. As the disposition is at zero, it will not go lower. Doing so holds no actual repercussions, i.e. the Dalish will admonish you at first but still talk to you as normal.
- It is also possible to do the parts of the quest that affect the Dalish's disposition negatively after already acquiring Loranil as an agent, with no negative effects.
Completing the quest yields:
- 512 XP
- 200 Influence
- 2 Power
Recruiting Loranil as an agent yields:
- 100 Influence
- 1 Power