- “No one can beat the Chargers 'cause we'll hit you where it hurts.
Unless you know a tavern with loose cards and looser skirts!
For every bloody battlefield, we'll gladly raise a cup.
No matter what tomorrow holds, our horns be pointing up!” ―Bull's Chargers' Anthem
The Bull's Chargers became known across Orlais, Nevarra, the Free Marches, and Ferelden; and have become one of the most prestigious mercenary companies in all of Thedas. The company has less than fifty standing members and as a result they specialize as shock troops and skirmishers. Their creativity in solving problems and the diversity of its members are among its more remarkable characteristics. Its hodgepodge members are fiercely loyal to the Iron Bull, whether they are led into battle or into taverns.
Bull's Chargers emerge victorious from a skirmish with a contingent of Tevinter zealots just as the Breach opens up in the sky. Spotting the disturbance, Bull orders his troops to clean up and clear out.
After the Inquisitor returns from Val Royeaux, Lieutenant Cremisius Aclassi awaits outside the Haven chantry to offer the Chargers' services to the Inquisition. After meeting with the company at the Storm Coast, if they choose to employ Bull and the Chargers, the company can be deployed on various operations on behalf of the Inquisition. Meanwhile, Iron Bull personally serves with the Inquisitor.
Following the resolution of the War of the Lions at the Winter Palace in Halamshiral, the Chargers help persuade several other mercenary companies hired by dissident elements of the Orlesian Nobility.
Following the battle with the Red Templars and Venatori at the Arbor Wilds, the Chargers are deployed in a series of diversionary tactics, to help the Inquisition's numbers seem more substantial, while the bulk of their forces returns from south of the Dales.
If the Chargers survive the war against Corypheus, during the Exalted Council at the Winter Palace, Krem asks the Inquisitor to distract the Iron Bull while they move a dragon skull for his birthday surprise. Whether or not the Inquisitor continues the charade, the Iron Bull was aware of what the Chargers were doing.In the years after the Council, they continue to hunt down threats to the peace, including surviving elements of the Venatori.
Known members Edit
- Iron Bull, founder and leader of the Bull's Chargers.
- Krem, Iron Bull's Tevinter-born second-in-command.
- Dalish, an elven apostate who insists she's a "backup archer" and not actually a mage.
- Grim, a reserved man who speaks only in grunts.
- Rocky, a dwarf sapper from Orzammar.
- Skinner, a bellicose city elf.
- Stitches, company healer and surgeon.
Notable jobs Edit
Since their founding, the Chargers have had a number of interesting jobs:
- In one of their first missions, Krem, Bull, and five others defended a town from fifty bandits, after which the villagers attempted to pay them in rice.
- Cleared magic trees from land belonging to a noble from the Dales (who really don't like being called "Dalish nobles"), the worst part of which was the squirrels.
- Dressed up in feathers to scare a noble's rival whose death was foretold to come "on feathered wings" (who later choked on a chicken bone).
- Cleared a nest of spiders from a Nevarran's winter estate (after a full season to lay eggs).
- Teamed up with a group of bandits they were hired to remove from a mine, after it became apparent that the client was working with the bandits and simply wanted them eliminated to cover up his shady dealings.
- Defeated Gattler's Giants, a bandit group outfitted in "a dragon's weight in armor," when Bull challenged their leader to single combat and broke a dam, drowning them while the Chargers simply swam away.
- Harassed an actual giant to get it to chase them out of its resting cave into the path of a noble who would use a purchased charm to control the giant. The charm did not work and the noble was crushed.
- Sent to the Hissing Wastes with Dorian Pavus to help Marius and Tessa Forsythia take down a camp of fifty Venatori.
See also Edit
- ↑ Lieutenant Cremisius Aclassi, second-in-command of the Chargers, noted that they have fewer deaths than any other company. He credits the Iron Bull's excellent instincts and fierce loyalty to his troops for their continued success.
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 2, p. 255
- ↑ Iron Bull Character Trailer
- ↑ Separate dialogue from Krem and Iron Bull