A strange device stands deactivated in the heart of the Fade. Its construction resembles the architecture of ancient Tevinter.
The quest is acquired by interacting with the device, found in the The Raw Fade during the Here Lies the Abyss quest. The device is found along the northern path (when the path splits shortly before entering Nightmare's Lair), right after the fight with the two pride demons patrolling the path.
Approach the device. There are five activation points on the device. Activating them in the wrong order will cause runes on the device to flare, or the flames to be extinguished. The activation points must be triggered in the following order (from left to right):
- Activate the fourth point (second in from right side)
- Activate the first point (first on the left side)
- Activate the third point (in the middle)
- Activate the fifth point (last on right side)
- Activate the second point (second in from the left side)
- 242 XP
- 80 Influence
- You must take all the items for the quest to complete.
- Despite the quest text referring to a magister's amulet, the loot is always:
- This quest does not appear in the Dragon Age: Inquisition Collector's Edition strategy guide.