The Brecilian Forest is a large forest in south-eastern Ferelden.
According to Sarel, the Dalish storyteller, there have been many wars and battles in the Brecilian Forest, many of which were between the elves and Tevinter mages. Sarel also mentions barbarians fighting the Tevinters as well. The existence of the elves in the forest goes far in time, even before the time of Arlathan. The death of so many supposedly tore the Veil, which separates the Fade and the real world. Its sinister air, and possessed flora, have led to many (and somewhat true) rumors and stories behind the ancient woods.
The Brecilian Forest incorporates the forest itself as well as the entrance to the ancient ruins, which is used as the Werewolf Lair. There is also a small camp here inhabited by a madman. The forest is divided into two parts: East and West. East Breciliant Forest contains the Brecilian Ruins.
The Dalish Elf Origin takes place in here.
When the Warden enters the Brecilian Outskirts and the Dalish Camp, they are requested by Zathrian to aid his people in stopping a disease that is destroying them. To do this, they must enter the Brecilian Forest and work out the Nature of the Beast.
Side quests Edit
Dalish Camp Edit
The Brecilian Forest Edit
The Brecilian Ruins Edit
Companion remarks Edit
One of the companions may make interesting remarks at certain spots:
- Center of the Dalish Camp
- Near the halla pen
- First entering the Western Brecilian Forest area
- Near the hermit's camp in Eastern Brecilian Forest area
- Just outside the Elven Ruins
Random encounters Edit
These are some of the possible random encounters you may experience when traveling to any of the Brecilian Forest destinations:
- If you run from enemies in the forest and have not yet killed the Grand Oak or recovered its acorn, running into the forest barrier will revive your entire party, though they will be at the same health level as they would had you used Revive.