The blood of all hostile targets in the area boils within their veins, inflicting severe damage. Targets stand twitching, unable to move unless they pass a physical resistance check. Creatures without blood are immune.
- Area of effect: 10m sphere. Spirit Damage (over time): (100.0 + Spellpower) * 0.6. Immobilises targets that fail physical resistance check vs. the attacker's spellpower for 10.0 * (Target Rank Duration Modifier) sec.
- Boss and Elite Boss ranks are damaged but not disabled.
- Range: 25m.
- Conjuration time: 1s.
- This spell is supposed to draw 80 Threat from affected creatures. As of Patch 1.02, only damage-based Threat is drawn.
- Requires active ability: Blood Magic.
- The damage is always applied over 10s and in contrast to Crushing Prison not scaled by Target Rank.
- Activation base is in Health and values vary with fatigue%.
- Spirit Damage values are displayed in the game as the color: Purple.
- Arcane Warrior Spellcasting: The spell can be cast with your weapon(s) drawn.
- The following creatures are immune to this spell: Demons, Undead, Golems.
This is an excellent area effect spell, because it deals relatively high damage over time, and holds your enemies in place. This allows your DPS character(you or someone else)to deal tons of damage for the duration of this spell. You should use the time that your enemies stand twitching in horrid pain to let your tank regain your enemies attention, for you will become the object of your foe's hatred. No one likes their blood boiled in their veins.
Furthermore, this spell combines a number of potent features of other mage spells, making it a great go-to ability: its immobilization effect is similar to Mass Paralysis, but without the long casting time; its damage-over-time paralysis is similar to Crushing Prison, but with the added benefit of affecting multiple targets; it deals spirit damage, which few enemies are resistant to, and, considering its power, it has quite a short cooldown. However, the one feature that truly elevates this above many other mage AoE/CC spells is the fact that it will NOT inflict friendly fire. Indeed, the only shortcomings of this ability are the fact that a): it only affects enemies with blood, and b): it can only be cast when using Blood Magic.