This page lists news items posted at the Dragon Age Wiki.
- Anybody may post news items which are related to the Dragon Age games and other media, as well as the wiki itself.
- To submit news in this category, simply create a blog page and add it to Category:News.
- To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
Current news Edit
This update to the character kits includes Vivienne, Orlesian First Enchanter and companion to the Inquisitor.
A full version of the kit can be found here.
- Head profile
- Back (detail)
New trailer for Dragon Age: Inquisition has been revealed today, you can watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuR1Fn_b48Read more >
On BiowWare's blog a contest was announced, titled Take Your Place in the Inquisition, which provides a chance for the fans to show their talent at voice acting. Anyone from Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States may partake by the 14th of April, and the winner will be flown to one of their recording studios, providing with up to two nights’ accommodation.
"All you have to do is download one of the following two scripts, upload your performance, and send the link to takeyourplace@BioWare.com, and you’ll be automatically entered to win.
Don’t worry about accents, makeup, or props—all we want is for you to perform your preferred script in your lovely, natural speaking voice. If you want to go big, by all means, be our guest. However, be aware that your entry will be judged on the quality of the voice performance and how well it matches the style of Dragon Age."
The full contest rules are also available here.Read more >
In addition to the second round of character kits revealed today, David Gaider, lead writer of the Dragon Age franchise has explained on the BioWare Social Network some of the specifics of Inquisition'sdialogue system. A summary of points follows:
- Similarly to Dragon Age II, dialogue options are picked from paraphrases on a wheel interface, and are written with a voiced protagonist in mind.
- There is no longer a dominant tone the protagonist will use during "auto-dialogue" segments.
- There will be less "auto-dialogue" than in Dragon Age II, as it will only be heard when the Inquisitor says something such as "Go on." or "What is that?"
- The diplomatic, humorous and aggressive tones used by Hawke are gone, replaced by noble, clever and direct. This is an initiative to bridge the gap between the three tones.
- Similarly to how the "investigate" branch of the dialogue wheel broke off in Dragon Age II, there will now be a branch dealing with "special" dialogue choices or actions to be taken. This i…
BioWare has released a Varric and Cassandra's character kit two weeks after BioWare's released Morrigan's character kits from the upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition game. As part of the character reference, these kits have detailed, high quality character design documents that can be used as a cosplay reference or as an artistic guide.
- Cassandra Pentaghast character kit 
- Varric Tethras character kit 
Read more >
Aaryn Flynn showed a new photo from the game:
"Thanks everyone. Because you're the best fans, here's a new pre-alpha PC screenshot of Dragon Age: Inquisition".
What do you think? Do you like waterfalls?Read more >
As part of Dragon Age: Inquisition's most recent marketing initiative, Jessica Merizan has revealed via the BioWare Blog that the company will be releasing a series of "character kits" - high resolution character designs from the upcoming game.
The kits will be released over weeks and months prior to the game's release, with the first design detailing Morrigan's ball gown being released today.Read more >
I have new information for you. Dragon Age: Masked Empire by Patrick Weekes coming soon (April 8, 2014).
Here you'll find Pre-Order.Read more >
I have a BIG gift for Dragon Age fans:
I talked with a new Dragon Age: Inquisition composer - Trevor Morris.
English version at the bottom.
Greetings from Poland!Read more >
Dark Horse Comic, the publisher of Dragon Age comic books have shared a Dragon Age Library Edition Volume 1 HC cover and description:
Helping set the stage for BioWare’s hotly anticipated Dragon Age: Inquisition, this deluxe oversized hardcover collects every Dark Horse Dragon Age comic to date—The Silent Grove, Those Who Speak, and Until We Sleep—an epic trilogy complete in one volume, written by Dragon Age lead writer David Gaider!
- Prepare for Dragon Age: Inquisition!
- Featuring annotations from the creators!
- An essential addition to the Dragon Age canon!
“The industry needs to take note, if you want to do a comic book video game tie-in; you follow the blueprint that this title has set.” —Comic Bastards
Publication Date: June 04, 2014
Format: FC, 232 pages; HC, 9” x 12”
Price: $39.99Read more >
BioWare is looking for participants to test Dragon Age: Inquisition come next week, precisely on 21st and 22nd of January. This playtest, however, is exclusive only for those who live in or are visiting Vancouver at the time. For anyone who would like a chance to participate needs to complete a survey, right here.
SourceRead more >
Green Ronin have released a Dragon Age dice image and shared a new plans for DA RPG. Set 3 and more PDF coming soon:
The Player's Guide is heading into layout. When it's finished, we're going to release it as a PDF ahead of the full set, which is slightly unusual but warranted in this case because I know people are beyond eager for this material. When the Game Master's Guide is finished a few weeks later, we'll release the full set and put it up for pre-order. Printer willing, we should have the finished sets towards the end of March.
That same month we've also got a fun surprise: Dragon Age dice! We've partnered up with Q Workshop, whose awesome dice are almost certainly known to you. Each box of dice will come with two full sets for the RPG. That's six dice total, four with the Circle and Templar emblems on them and two with the Grey Warden emblem and the Blood Dragon (the "Dragon Die" for the RPG).
While I am putting Set 3 to bed, Jack Norris is busy with a lot more support. He's dev…
Read more >
Another piece of concept art from Inquisition has been released via the Dragon Age Facebook and Twitter feeds. It appears relate to Arlathan, the long-lost elven capital destroyed by the Tevinter Imperium.
Read more >
“Here lies the abyss, the well of all souls. From these emerald waters doth life begin anew.”
“And thus was mighty Arlathan cast down, its people swallowed by darkness—never to rise again.”
In an interview with OXM Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee discusses the current state of the game. Among the highlights:
- "Cassandra and Varric spent some time off together, so they've formed an interesting relationship. In Dragon Age: Inquisition they're much more familiar with each other, but still have an, er, interesting conversation from time to time."
- "In Mass Effect you formed factions but it was mostly on a personal scale, whereas in Inquisition you're talking about having a personal impact, but mostly through these big crunchy, meaty decisions and impacts that the Inquisition can have on the world. It's kind of like the difference between being a Jedi, and founding the Jedi Order."
- "There's much more customisation in Inquisition than there was in Origins, in terms of what you can craft, how you look, how you can look after your followers and all that sort of stuff, so I think there's more choice and more customisation and the ability for the player to feel like the charac…
BioWare have released a next concept art from DAI. This is Arbor Wilds :
“In the Arbor Wilds shall we find them, a land unclaimed by all save harsh and unforgiving natures.”
“In places untouched by the feet of Man, in shadows unspoiled by the fires of Right.”
Arbor Wilds on the map:Read more >