This page lists news items posted at the Dragon Age Wiki.
- Anybody may post news items which are related to the Dragon Age games and other media, as well as the wiki itself.
- To submit news in this category, simply create a blog page and add it to Category:News.
- To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
Current news Edit
Multiplayer has been confirmed for BioWare's upcoming game Dragon Age: Inquisition. The link can be found here, via IGN.
Parties will consist of 4 players, and the four-player adventure is going to differ from that of Mass Effect 3’s online mode. As IGN claim: "Both share qualities, particularly in their economies, but in almost every instance, Inquisition’s levels, characters, and economy are significantly deeper."
BioWare’s Scylla Costa asserted that he hoped that fans “commit to a multiplayer service. That means lots of DLC, lots of new heroes and levels.” With an expansive single player mode, one might expect a connection between the two, however it has been said that missions have a slight connection to the single-player campaign, but BioWare's "award-winning" storytelling is reserved for single player. With Mike Laidlaw claiming that "The campaign is a story about you, and your growth, and your Inquisition".
Multiplayer runs parallel to that of the Inquisitor’s story as we'll be wor…Read more >
It's been some time since the Combat Q&A first came up, but they finally answered some of the questions asked of them regarding the combat system of Dragon Age: Inquisition. The Q&A involves questions of:
- Armor/weapon degradation
- Cooldown of abilities
- Instant death moves
- Dual wielding
- If there's a chance of someone improving their tactical skills in the game
- If weapons will be interchangable
- Arcane Warrior specialization
- Finishing moves
- Wether there's a completely new combat skill they can describe or reveal
- Health and mana/stamina regeneration
- Cross-class combos
- If all mage followers are able to heal just as well or are others better
- If there's anything more to the Inquisitor's power regarding combat
- How does focus work
- If there are spells/abilities that will need to be unlocked during the story, or if it will be based on the level-up system
You can read all the answers to those questions here.Read more >
For anyone who was interested in Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, it appears they intend to release a new volume. Dragon Age: The World of Thedas Volume 2 is already on Amazon, and while there's no description as of yet, the release date according to the site is April 21, 2015 and the price is $27.79.
Along with the coming The Art of Dragon Age: Inquisition, we will likely have a chance to learn even more of the extended universe of Dragon Age. Is there anything you hope for finding out more about?Read more >
A new Q&A took place in which the Dragon Age writers were asked about their opinions on villains and the writing process behind creating a villain. The interview can be found here.
David Gaider noted how his favourite villain was Loghain. As well as claiming: "I could imagine myself stepping into his shoes and taking some of the same actions he did… which is a little frightening." As well as this, Sylvia Feketekuty claimed hers was Meredith.
The interview gives a greater insight on creating villains, with Gaider asserting that "The story is largely from the hero's perspective, so you have to account for the villain's presence from that hero's viewpoint. The player is only aware of who the villain is and what they're doing insomuch as their character is aware of it, and you have to write the villain with the core idea of motivating the player to care about stopping them."
With a short while left for Dragon Age: Inquisition, it is inevitable that a new batch of villains are introduced. So far…Read more >
As many have heard of it already, Electronic Arts and BioWare is at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. It's been said they will introduce new content from Dragon Age: Inquisition amongst other EA games, so this time it's worth keeping an eye on the event.
They have released a trailer, in which we might see someone familiar... confirmed by Laidlaw. The appearance will also be customizable.
Dragon Age: Inquisition official trailer - The Enemy of Thedas:
In this video we can take a peek at customization, crafting and some more combat against the Avvars this time, with a human female warrior, Blackwall, Cole, Solas, and as a twist, a friendly Avvar:
The first time the conference was streamed, it started to lag heavily around the 9th minute in the video. To fill the missing part in, here's the IGN version of it, which in turn leaves out the customization and crafting:
Final update: There was an extended demo shown at Gamescom, which can be found on IGN's site.Read more >
Courtesy of PC Gamer UK and BioWare user ViSeiRa we have lots of new information on Dragon Age: Inquisition. Mild spoilers follow.
- Red Lyrium is an anti-magic substance... an opposite force to normal (blue) lyrium.
- Tactics are in (automated AI settings as described by the writer) and apparently you can set how much mana a mage companion can keep in reserve and at which HP threshold would a companion use a heath potion.. so looks like more grained control over tactics.
- After clearing parts of an area you can set up camps in that area, they give you access to scouts and you gain power, the resource you spend on operations.
- Certain parts of a map can be locked until you clear other ones.
- You can mark certain areas as operation points on the map so that you can deal with them when you return to your base of operations, Skyhold.
- You manage your operations through the war table in Skyhold, and by doing so you get resources like gold and loot or agents, some of the operations are tied to th…
Alix Wilton Reagan, who provides the British accent option for for a female Inquisitor, is in a new video discussing her role. In the video she discusses things like the importance of having a female protagonist and how she determined what type of voice to use. We also get a brief glimpse of her voice in action.
Watch the video below.Read more >
Prima Games has announced an “Uber Edition” for Dragon Age: Inquisition by BioWare. The Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor’s Edition.
This exclusive set is contained in a large leather-textured Dragon Age themed container and includes the following in accordance to the item description:
- 368-page Collector’s Edition hardcover guide with unique cover treatments matching the container
- Stylized pen with the Inquisition logo presented in a themed box
- Four faux leather bookmarks topped with metal headers, stamped with Dragon Age faction emblems, and backed with colored ribbons matching the faction colours as well as including bonus in-game items
Though the game is not included and there are no details as to whether this is a North American exclusive, more can information can be found here
There will only be one manufacturing run of this item however, similar to the Collector's edition of the game itself.
BioWare's Dragon Age Facebook page enquired (jokingly) if Brother Genitivi would approve. Would…
Read more >
To kick off the next phase of marketing, BioWare have released a narrated video showcasing the new and improved combat in Dragon Age: Inquisition.Read more >
BioWare is at Comic Con San Diego, and they have brought some more demos to the fans. So far they have been showing us the already well known demo with the female Qunari mage, but it seems they decided to show us what it's like with a male human rogue Inquisitor this time. One of the newest features seems to be the throwing knives, which has been available only for Tallis in previous installments. Other than an introduction to the dual wielder rogue gameplay, however, the areas and enemies are the same.
The video is of low quality as of yet, if there will be a video longer and of better quality than this, it will be updated.
Thank you Star Metal Knight for this great catch!Read more >
BioWare announced that there's a new release date for Dragon Age: Inquisition. In North America it's the 18th of November, while in Europe it's the 21st of November. They mention no particular reason for the delay, only that "this last bit of time is about polishing the experience" they want us to see.
As long as the official link that was both tweeted and shared on Facebook is dysfunctional, here's an article that has the news post copied.Read more >
Hi community! Although this slightly less exciting than the usual news, I just wanted to let you know that in approximately one day we will be trialing a new user talk page system called message wall. Taken from here the main changes are:
- It’s not a wiki page. You can add comments directly without going into the wiki editor, and you will see them immediately.
- Newer conversations are at the top of the page; archiving is automatic. When there are more than 20 conversations, your Message Wall automatically paginates, so there’s no need to manually archive content.
- Message wall Conversations condensed for faster scanning. Long conversations are condensed, and it just takes one click to expand them. This way, you can scan your Message Wall without getting overwhelmed by a long conversation in the middle.
- Messages are separated into conversations, which you can link to directly — and permanently! Since archiving is automatic, these links won’t break when the conversation gets old.
- Messages are signe…
Yesterday Lazare326 has introduced BioWare's new series of gameplay footages in his previous blog post, and now here is the second part of it. In this video you can see the Redcliffe Castle, where the Inquisitor, Dorian, Iron Bull, Sera and Leliana encounter Dorian's former master, Alexius and the Venatori.Read more >
BioWare officially released the gameplay demo that was seen at E3. Though we have seen this video before, Mike Laidlaw walks us through this with detail, as well as highlighting abilities, skills and upgrades.
Notably, those of you wondering what party banter would be like, the instance between Iron Bull and Sera at 8.00 is rather hilarious. Though we've seen this before, there seems to be an intention that a new series will spawn from this.Read more >
Raptr recently asked us, the BioWare fan base to come up with questions for the Dragon Age team. The Q&A in its entirety can be found here.
A whole raft of important news was given here, with some vital answers detailing the voice actors/actresses of the Inquisitor as well as highlighting the extent to which we can craft items and sadly revealing that Orzammar will not be present in Dragon Age: Inquisition.
A special thanks to Star Metal Knight who had the pleasure of finding this, so all dues go to them.Read more >