This page lists news items posted at the Dragon Age Wiki.
- Anybody may post news items which are related to the Dragon Age games and other media, as well as the wiki itself.
- To submit news in this category, simply create a blog page and add it to Category:News.
- To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
Current news Edit
From GameInformer "BioWare has announced a closed beta program for Dragon Age: Inquisition's Patch 5 for the PC version of the game. The patch includes customization features, a new shop called the Black Emporium, and the much-needed party storage feature.
"The Black Emporium contains epic weapons, artifacts, new crafting schematics, and the Mirror of Transformation. This lets you change your voice and facial appearance, and other customization options are available via an item tinter that lets you change the color of your armor with crafting materials. The patch also contains accesability improvements such as additional mouse button bindings.
"The party storage feature will be in the Undercroft.
"The developer says that sign-up for the closed beta program will be offered via The Keep in the near future, but did not announce any other patches available to the community at large or other platforms."
BioWare Official Blog PostRead more >
We have just received the answers to the questions presented to Alix Wilton Regan that we gathered from the Dragon Age community in early January 2015! Alix is one of the voice actors for The Inquisitor.
1. What made you want to do voice acting? How did you start out in voice acting? Erm – desperation? ; )
- In all honesty I never really planned my voice-acting career, but the opportunities I’ve been fortunate enough to be offered have been some of the most brilliant turns of fate in my life. I have played a huge range of characters in computer games to date (everything from warrior princesses, to raging queens, to malicious goblins, to a cactus) and the creative freedom is a huge joy. Voice acting is now one of my greatest pleasures and the skills I have acquired have greatly enhanced my other performances on stage and screen.
- It's also incredibly thrilling to be a part of an industry as it goes from strength to strength and becomes ever more inclusive of sexes, sexualities, races, cult…
Read more >
If you were worried whether or not BioWare will release any additional content to Dragon Age: Inquisition any time soon, worry no more, for Mark Darrah confirmed DLC is in the works via his twitter.
If the official website is to be any indication, Xbox One and PC will get the new downloadable content or contents before Xbox 360, PS 3, and PS4, as the website states that "Premiere Add-On Content Coming to Console First on Xbox One".
No more details are known at the moment, and thus it is not known whether it will be a story-based DLC, or maybe more of an item pack.Read more >
EA today released its financial results for Q3 of Fiscal Year 2015. EA does not give out specific numbers anymore but they did have this to say about the sales performance for Dragon Age: Inquisition:
"Dragon Age: Inquisition captivated fans and critics worldwide and it quickly became the most successful launch in BioWare™ history in addition to being named to more than 200 “Game of the Year” lists. The single player campaign alone has been enjoyed for more than 113 million hours."
It would seem that a Dragon Age 4 is almost a certainty at this point.
UPDATE: EA provided further comment in their conference call with shareholders. EA exceeded their estimates for this quarter and CFO Blake Jorgensen said:
"This extraordinary performance was led by FIFA 15, Madden NFL 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. In particular, Dragon Age: Inquisition had by far the most successful launch in BioWare’s …Read more >
Today Bioware has released the tavern songs from Dragon Age: Inquisition, as well as the music sheets for them. They'll be available for free download until February 9th. After that, they'll be released for purchase.
You can get it here.Read more >
BioWare has just released their patch notes for the third patch for Dragon Age: Inquisition. The fixes are as follows:
- Added key binding that allows players to walk.
- Added mouse cursor scaling.
- Fixed issue that could result in the mouse getting stuck in mouse-look mode when players alt-tabbed out of the game in full-screen mode.
- Fixed display bars to correctly reflect items that alter maximum health.
- Changed party banter system to be less random to prevent extra-long periods where no conversations would occur.
- Fixed issue that could result in one of Dorian’s conversations not being available for some players.
- Fixed issue that could result in a cutscene not firing for Dorian’s plot when players enter the Gull and Lantern.
- Fixed issue that could result in Sera’s Verchiel plot being broken.
- Fixed issue with the demon that could spawn during Solas’s personal quest.
- Changed Tactical Camera so that it no longer re-centers when the player changes party members.
- Fixed exploit that allowed for infinite i…
Read more >
We are so excited to have the opportunity to bring you a Q&A with the voice of The Inquisitor - Alix Wilton Regan. Along with her work on Inquisition, Alix has also performed voice-overs in Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening. You might also recognize her voice in Mass Effect 3 as Samantha Traynor and Lady Calista in The Last Story for Nintendo. She is an award winning actress, starring in Television, Theater and several Feature Films including The Wolfman and Real Playing Game.
We are currently gathering questions from the wikia community to present to her. You can ask her about her work on the games, her background in voice acting or anything else related to those areas. Please use the comment section below and have your questions to us no later than 5pm PST on January 14th, 2015.
Read more >
UPDATE: We have receieved the answers to questions we gathered from the community and they can be read HERE
Today BioWare has announced the first new content pack for the Dragon Age: Inquisition multiplayer. The official description follows:
Dragon Age™: Inquisition - Destruction adds new paths to existing destinations. The conflicts raging throughout the world have upset the balance of nature. Wild creatures now roam the battlefield, introducing chaos as they attack both friend and foe. Best of all, you can download this pack right now, totally free!
Players now also have the opportunity to buy the Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition content separately for $9.99.
- New routes for the Orlesian Chateau, Elven Ruins & Tevinter Ruins Maps
- New hostile wild creatures roam these new paths which will attack both the Inquisition and their enemies alike and can be directed to attack friend or foe!
- New armor options for all Inquisition Agents in Multiplayer, including the Arishok Armour for the Katari!
Hello Inquisitors! With the year coming to a close, it's that time for some Community Choice Awards! Take a look at the polls below and vote on your favorites! Oh, and be sure to leave some comments below if you'd like to tell us why one of the nominees should win.
Without further adieu, let's see the nominees...
Best Supporting CharacterRead more >
Good News Everyone!
They've released the details of the upcoming patch which can be found here:
We have a patch for PC, Ps3, Ps4, and Xbox 360 coming out today to address some of the issues players have been having. Here’s a list of the upcoming changes:
Release date: December 9, 2014
- Fixed case where game would incorrectly think the player has more than one race/class/gender
- Fixed case where users who changed their voice off of default, would have their voice set back to default when interacting with Hawke’s chargen settings.
- Increased duration that search highlights things, and added highlighted items to radar while they are highlighted.
- Fixed several conversation lines which would take a very long time to advance to the next line unless they were manually skipped.
- Fixed case where followers could float above the ground after extended periods of play
- [PC] Fixed some hitching in conversations.
- [PC] Pressing the interact key (default “F”) will take everything from containers.
- [PC] Ha…
Read more >
Good News Everyone!
Today Bioware has announced some of their priorities for forthcoming patches and content based DLC;
On November 18, we released Dragon Age: Inquisition to the world. Since then, the team has listened to feedback and is working towards the first of an ongoing series of patches and feature/content updates in an effort to support your DAI experience.
As a live service, we wanted to let you know about our strategy moving forward. Here’s a brief outline of two initiatives we’re working on, in order of priority.
Priority 1 – Patches
We’re committed to providing long-term gameplay and stability improvements. We have already released a Day 1 Patch, and in December we will release our second patch. We expect the patch to roll out on PC, PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360 on December 9, 2014. We are working hard to get Patch 2 out on Xbox One as soon as possible.
Patch 2 is focused on stability, but does include numerous improvements and fixes across the board. Full patch notes wi…
Read more >
Good News Everyone!
Dragon Age: Inquisition has just won Game of the Year 2014 at the Game of the Year Awards as well as Best RPG 2014! Two trophies for the price of one!
You can see the Game of the Year clip here:
Game of the Year 2014
And you can hear Cassandra & Varric's thoughts on the nomination here:
Which in turn could only make me think of what Jay Sherman would say to thatRead more >
We received these beautiful pieces of artwork for Dragon Age: Inquisition and wanted to share them with the community. Hope you enjoy them and much as I do.Read more >
"The wait is nearly over..."
Those who have pre-ordered their games in North America have the chance to play it this Monday night. Tomorrow it will be officially released to everyone in North America the first time, and a few days later in the rest of the world. Accordingly to that, BioWare released their launch trailer, A Wonderful World.
Update: There's a promotional game on the official website, with which you can earn promotional items in Dragon Age: Inquisition. The goal is to unveil Vivienne, Iron Bull, Varric and in the end, the Inquisitor. You have to spot three veil mists in their respective videos, which will give you some additional information of the game, such as tidbits of the Orlesian tradition of masks, the Venatori, Bianca, and more. You can go to the game straight from here.Read more >
Read more >
What may be the last trailer for Dragon Age: Inquisition has been released today. The wait is growing close to an end.