Automatically added in the inventory at the start of Dragon Age: Origins by completing The Darkspawn Chronicles DLC.
- The visual effect changes when an elemental rune is applied but returns to its natural effect when loading a save, going to a new area, or stealthing. The elemental effect can be shown by re-equipping or swapping weapon sets.
- This weapon is not imported from Origins, it is replaced with the Awakening version. If you wish to retain its runes when importing a character into Awakening, remove them first.
- While the description states that venom has been applied, the poison deals 5 nature damage rather than 1, and has no chance to slow.
- pcps3xbox360 Blightblood will permanently lose its venom effect if any poison is applied to it. The only fix is to revert to a previous save.
- xbox360Players can sometimes lose Blightblood if they delete the DLC and reinstall it.