Blade of Tidarion Schematic is a tier 3 staff schematic in the Trespasser DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition. Note: This is listed as a "staff blade" schematic in game, but the product is not actually a staff blade mod, rather, it is a full weapon in itself.
- The Blade of Tidarion is a staff that functions as a greatsword for any mage character. The shaft is visible at all times, in addition a blade will form from magical energy during combat. A mage wielding the blade is still able to cast spells and use various forms of magic whilst still being able to strike enemies, very similar to a two-handed warrior.
- Since it can be equipped with a rune whose element differs from the weapon (e.g. a electricity blade with fire rune) while damage output of the rune can be enhanced by accessories like Belt of the Inferno Pact, the schematic gains more utility without losing damage potent compared to other staves', especially under Trials where enemies may grant random immunities to certain elements.
- Following the same mechanics, a mage equipped with this weapon is able to launch 24 instead of 12 projectiles when casting Energy Barrage. Half of these projectiles will be of the same element as the equipped rune, and have their damage determined by the base damage of the rune, NOT the weapon. When used in this manner, a Superb rune that is used to enchant a Blade of Tidarion (assuming Tier 4 materials) can increase the damage output of Energy Barrage by about 32%.
- Due to the high number of Energy Barrage hits this weapon yields when enchanted with a rune of a different element, it synergises well with spells and items with on-hit effects, such as Static Cage's upgrade Lightning Cage, Spirit Blade, and the Hidden Blades procs from Fade-Touched masterwork materials.
- Since the weapon follows the same auto-attack animation as two-handed weapons, a mage can quickly recover mana from every single basic attack (15 mana per enemy within the AoE range), or shorten all cooldowns if Gathering Storm is active. The process can be further accelerated by manual cancelling (i.e. press button for "search" each time the first swing animation ends).