Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mysterious veilfire runes are inscribed on rocks and ruins in the Mire. Perhaps they can be deciphered.
The quest is acquired upon examining one of the runes on the beacons during Beacons in the Dark.
- Activate the beacon on the pillar as per the quest Beacons in the Dark in order to gain access to the veilfire.
- Examine the rune on the other side of the pillar
- Repeat with all four pillars.
The first rune reads...
- The veilfire messages in the Fallow Mire are largely gibberish and imply a kind of paranoia. Certain letters and numbers repeat. It is possible the writing is in code. These veilfire runes are interspersed with numbers and mathematical notations. They evoke a clear sense of panic, as if the author was trying to figure out a difficult problem.
The second rune reads...
- Staring at this set of unreadable runes conjures up strong feelings of bitterness and arrogance in equal measure. They fade, slowly.
The third rune reads...
- These particular veilfire runes are completely impenetrable, but staring at them brings about the mental image of some kind of plant—and the impression it is somehow important. Then it fades.
The final rune reads...
- These unreadable runes evoke, for a moment, a sudden and overpowering feeling of smug and vengeful triumph, as though a difficult problem has been solved. There is the image of a bottled elixir. Then it fades. A cipher written in the last pages of Apostate Widris' journal corresponds to the veilfire writing found in the Fallow Mire. The deciphered messages are notes that, when taken together, form instructions on how to concoct a particularly dangerous poison.
- 512 XP
- 200 Influence
- 2 Power
- Tears of the Dead Recipe
Coats weapons with deadly poison. Each hit does damage over time to the target.