- "The Bannorn will not bow to you simply because you demand it!"
Bann of Rainesfere
Teagan Guerrin is the Bann of Rainesfere. He is Arl Eamon Guerrin's younger brother as well as the brother of Rowan, the deceased queen of Ferelden and a member of the Guerrin family. This makes him an uncle to King Cailan.
Like his brother Eamon, Teagan spent at least a part of his childhood in Redcliffe before he was sent to the north to live with relations in the Free Marches as their father and sister joined the rebellion. He was 8 years old when his father perished at the battle of West Hill.
Dragon Age: Origins Edit
|“We now have a dog and Alistair is still the dumbest one in the party.” — Morrigan|
This article contains spoilers for Dragon Age: Origins. Click here to reveal them.
Immediately after the battle at Ostagar Teagan is shown standing against Loghain at The Landsmeet, highly suspicious of Loghain's withdrawal from the Battle of Ostagar. It seems he is the original instigator of the Bannorn's resistance against Loghain's regency, and he brushes off Queen Anora's reassurances.
When the Warden and party later arrives in Redcliffe, they find out that the city is besieged by undead, and that the seriously ill Arl Eamon is locked in his own castle, with no word from it at all. Bann Teagan is currently in charge of the town's defense and he pleads with the Warden & Alistair (if he's present) to help them defend the city; the Warden can agree or refuse. If the Warden elects to help, Teagan will answer any questions and direct him/her to the Mayor Murdock and the knight Ser Perth.
After the battle, Teagan gives a celebration speech, and asks the Warden to meet him by the windmill for their next move. He reveals there is a secret passage, and did not mention it before as he wanted to help in the battle. At that moment, Arlessa Isolde suddenly runs down the hill, to his shock. She insists that Teagan go in with her alone to help her son Connor, speaking of a "terrible evil" in the castle that is behind the attacks. He passes his Signet ring to the Warden, so he/she can take the secret passage and infiltrate the castle while he tries to create a distraction.
As it turns out, Connor is possessed by a Desire Demon, which ensorcels Bann Teagan. When the Warden confronts Connor, a brawl breaks out with the enthralled Teagan and castle guards. After the fight, he regains his senses and retrieves Jowan, who talks of a blood ritual to send a mage into the Fade to attack the demon controlling Connor (unless you elected to let Jowan out of his cell with the comment "Run. I don't want to see you again. Ever," in which case it will be Morrigan who mentions the ritual if she is in your party). After the Warden deals with the desire demon (one way or another), Teagan remains to watch over the Arling while Eamon remains comatose.
Once the Urn of Andraste is found and Eamon recovers, Teagan stays with his brother at Redcliffe Castle. Later, Eamon orders Teagan to stay with the Redcliffe garrison while he and the Warden go to participate in the Battle of Denerim. However, he brings reinforcements and was not far behind the main body of the Fereldan army: he is seen duelling and killing a hurlock as the Archdemon perishes at Fort Drakon, and leads a final attack on the routed darkspawn as the horde flees Denerim.If the Warden sacrifices him/herself to kill the Archdemon, Teagan will be present at the funeral.
Dragon Age II Edit
|“There are men who embrace destiny; these are the ones that change the world forever.” — Flemeth|
This article contains spoilers for Dragon Age II. Click here to reveal them.
Teagan can make three different cameos during the course of Dragon Age II, depending on the choices you made in Dragon Age: Origins:
- If Alistair was made king of Ferelden, he will appear as Alistair's aide during the quest "King Alistair" in Act 3.
- If Alistair was exiled and became a wandering drunk, Teagan will appear in The Hanged Man during Act 2 and quickly talk a begrudging Alistair into returning to Ferelden.
- Regardless of choices, Teagan, along with Isolde, will appear as a guest of Duke Prosper's at Chateau Haine during the events of the Mark of the Assassin DLC. If Hawke has already encountered Alistair and Teagan, the bann will mention their previous meeting.
During the brawl in the Redcliffe Castle, Teagan will use the following skills:
- While Teagan normally is seen wearing only his noble's outfit in Redcliffe, during his cutscenes in Denerim he is wearing a set of iron heavy chainmail.
- If the Warden is female, she can optionally flirt with Teagan at the chantry. This does not lead anywhere, and has no effect on any romance companions (even if they are in the party).
- Teagan's eyes between Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II are different colors, blue in Origins and brown in Dragon Age II; this may be due to a mistake by the developers.
- Before the final battle his name is Lord Teagan, not Bann Teagan.
- Despite being told to stay behind in Redcliffe, Teagan will be seen in Denerim during the final battle.
- "The Bannorn will not bow to you simply because you demand it!"
- (while ensorcelled by the demon) "Marmalade!"
- "And now Denerim is under assault by the darkspawn. The death toll will be... staggering. I wish you luck, Grey Warden, for all our sakes."
- Anora: "Bann Teagan, my father is doing what is best."
- Teagan: "Did he also do what was best for your husband, Your Majesty?"
- Female Warden: "Do you have any family, yourself?"
- Teagan: "Oh...you mean, am I married? I...no. No, I've never had the pleasure. If I did, I'd be lucky to find a woman as lovely as yourself."
- Female Warden: "Very lucky."
- Alistair (to the Champion of Kirkwall): "Right! I'm Alistair, uh...King of Ferelden. And this is Teagan, my uncle. Sort of."
- Teagan: "I'm actually Teagan. I'm only sort of his uncle."
- Alistair (if he married the human noble in DA:O): "Well, back to the old ball and chain."
- Teagan: "You know the Queen really hates it when you call her that."
- Alistair: "Just because she killed an Archdemon...she doesn't scare me."
- Teagan: "You keep telling yourself that, Your Majesty."
If you ask where Teagan is when you first interact with Connor:
- Connor (Demon): "But Uncle is here. Say hello, Uncle!"
- Controlled Teagan: "Hello Uncle!"
In Dragon Age II, while speaking with a female Hawke, possibly in reference to a female Warden:
- Teagan: "You're very brave. Take this, with my blessings. You remind me of someone...I hold dear, though I never had the courage to say that to her."