Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I'll do it."
- "This better be worth it."
- "Forget it."
After agreeing to help Anso, head towards the Abandoned House entrance located at the northeast corner of Lowtown.
Once inside the Abandoned House, open the southern door and kill all the hostiles; further groups will spawn as the battle progresses, so be ready to move ranged party members out of harm's way. The Street Thugs aren't tough, but they can trouble a low-level mage in sufficient numbers. A standard fire trap is in front of the door. Open the Smuggler's Cargo chest, and then leave the house.
After a cutscene, Tevinter forces attack. The initial group consists of eight Tevinter Hunters in an arc surrounding the door. A variety of Slaver reinforcements, including a mage, arrive from different directions so try not to allow Hawke's party to become too spread out. Afterwards, approach the steps to the west to be introduced to Fenris. The last set of dialogue choices affects Friendship/Rivalry:
- "Lead the way."
- "Make it worth my while."
- "Forget it."
- "You tricked me!" > "Lead the way."
- "You tricked me!" > "Make it worth my while."
Once inside, be on the lookout for two traps: one is in the doorway to the next room, and the second is in the center of the large central room. Fight your way through the numerous shades and some rage demons until reaching a room in the northeast corner of the manor. Kill all the enemies here before looting the area for the Magister's Key (to prevent a possible bug). Return to the large room with the two staircases and go up to the mezzanine level. Search the two smaller side rooms for loot (the northern room contains a standard locked chest worth 100 XP), then save your progress and prepare the party for battle.
Unlock the Magister's Chambers (the center door) to trigger the appearance of an arcane horror and some shades. After the fight, a cutscene will ensue, and Fenris will leave the party. Collect everything of note, then head outside for another cutscene, which ends the quest.
If there are any mages in the party, Hawke will be able to earn Friendship/Rivalry points from the first set of dialogue choices in the last scene.
The options for the first dialogue choice if Hawke is a Warrior or Rogue are:
- "But a mage helped you."
- No effect
- "That's not your concern."
- "I'm well aware."
- "(Mage's name) has proven himself/herself."
The options for the first dialogue choice if Hawke is a Mage are:
- "Find out."
- "Is this a problem?"
The remaining dialogue options are the same regardless of Hawke's class:
- "I could use your help."
- Recruits Fenris.
- "I don't need you."
- Fenris leaves permanently.
Hawke will unlock the Codex entry: Slavery in the Tevinter Imperium upon completion of this quest.
If Hawke opts not to accompany Fenris to Danarius' Manor, or neglects to enlist him at the end of the quest, the option of recruiting him (and undertaking all of his companion quests) is permanently lost.
Unique items looted from Danarius's Manor:
- Slaver Lord's Cowl
Requires: 16 magic
+2% critical chance
- String of Pearls
Enemies drop more coin
- 2 is received from Fenris only if Hawke refuses to help him at their initial meeting.
- The Magister's Key may not spawn, leaving Hawke unable to finish the quest and trapping him/her within the manor. To prevent this from happening, when entering the northeast room, do not loot anything before all the enemies in the room are defeated. When this bug occurs, the player should reload a prior savegame and kill all enemies before looting the area. (This method is possibly flawed, as many have also recorded having to loot the ashes of the rage demon before the fighting has ceased to receive the Key. If this method fails you, try looting whilst still in combat. Preferably as soon as the Rage Demon has been defeated)
- pcps3xbox360 [Possible Bug]: Hawke will not receive any monetary reward, despite Fenris claiming that he is giving Hawke all the coin he has, after the quest is finished. This bug occurs regardless whether Hawke asked for payment when accepting the quest or not. Of course, this could be an intentional design decision -- a deception on Fenris' part. All the coin a fugitive ex-slave has could very well be none.
- pcps3 Fenris' approval will not actually change regardless of conversation choice, mage or not. It will say it has changed, but it remains the same. (Confirmation needed -- didn't occur on PC 1.02 yet it did occur on PS3 1.02 under some circumstances; under other circumstances on PS3, the bug did not occur. Just tried it on PC 1.03 and the bug occurred. As a mage on PC 1.03 this bug did not occur and I got my rivalry points.)
- ps3 If you re-enter the Abandoned House before triggering the cutscene on the stairs in which Fenris kills the slaver (after killing the enemies that spawn when you initially exit the house), the cutscene may not trigger when you exit and you will be trapped in the Alienage. You must load a previous save in order to fix this.