The Arl of Denerim's Estate is the large residence of the current Arl of Denerim and the seat of the Kendells family. After Arl Urien's death in battle and the uprising in the Alienage, the Estate and the arling of Denerim were granted to the Howe family.
Leliana's Song Edit
City Elf Origin Edit
The Landsmeet Edit
During Rescue the Queen, as the Warden arrives at the exterior of the estate of Denerim, they find the doors to the estate locked, guards blocking the way, and a large crowd outside complaining about the Arl.Erlina will follow the Warden after a short dialog up to the moment where she offers to distract the guards. Whether or not you take up her offer afterward, she will remain outside. If the party is disguised and inside, she will join them again and warn them to attempt to blend in. Accepting the disguise will yield Codex entry: Disguised!.
Leliana's Song EditThe Game
City Elf Origin EditA Day for Celebration
Dragon Age: Origins EditRescue the Queen
- See City Elf Origin for characters that can be found at this location during the origin story.
- Riordan, a fellow Grey Warden (perhaps only the third remaining Grey Warden in Ferelden), will be encountered locked in a dungeon cell. His documents can be found in a chest in Arl Howe's bedroom, before you first enter the Dungeon.
- Vaughan Kendells, the rightful Arl of Denerim, if he is freed from the dungeon below. He will not be present if the City Elf Warden slays him during the Origin story.
- Ser Cauthrien, along with a sizable contingent of soldiers, will stop The Warden and Anora from leaving the Estate. Depending on dialogue options, The Warden will either fight Ser Cauthrien and her company, or stand down (starting the quest Captured!).
City Elf Origin
- Guard (Human, Normal) - Melee and ranged, armored.
- Off-Duty Guard (Human, Normal) - Melee and ranged, unarmored.
- Guard Captain (Human, Normal) - drops Fencer's Cinch
- Mabari (Animal, Normal)
- Bodyguard (Human, Elite)
- Vaughan Kendells (Human, Elite)
- Braden (Human, Normal)
- Jonaley (Human, Normal)
- Soldiers (Human, Normal) (2 Ranged, 2 Melee) who will spawn the moment you try and sneak to the back of the estate.
- Guard (Human, Normal) (1 Melee) who will spawn the moment you try and sneak to the back of the estate. And 2 more if you ignore Erlina's advice to be subtle and use disguises and distraction to pass the guards.
- Guard (Human, Normal) Melee and Ranged.
- Guard Captain (Human, Elite) Melee.
- Off-Duty Guard (Human, Normal) Melee and Ranged.
- Soldier (Human, Normal) Melee and Ranged.
- Mabari (Animal, Normal)
- Ser Cauthrien (Human, Elite Boss) If you start the fight, you will be against Ser Cauthrien and a lot of guards.
- Loghain's Guards (Human, Normal)
Notable items Edit
City Elf Origin EditFencer's Cinch
The leather has been dyed a dark blue, highlighted here and there with polished steel rivets. The buckle has been fashioned in the shape of a wolf's head.
+4 attack Heirloom Necklace
A necklace made up of hundreds of wooden beads, each carved into the shape of an animal. Deer, hawks, wolves, and rabbits chase each other across its length.
+10% spirit resistance - from a locked chest in one of the bedrooms
The Landsmeet Edit
A harmless enough plant on its own, deathroot's thick leaves contain an extract that the Chasind have used to induce hallucinations for centuries. Sufficiently concentrated, it can be made into a deadly poison.
The common name for canavaris, this herb actually has little to do with elves other than being commonly collected and traded to outsiders by the Dalish. It is the primary ingredient in many healing salves.
Use: Chewing elfroot restores a small amount of health, and those with skill can use elfroot to make more potent elixirs.
Silverite (Tier 6)
Requires: 38 strength
Strength modifier: 1.00
+10% fire resistance
+10% cold resistance
-2 willpower, source: Chest in Treasure Vault (60 XP to lockpick the door) Grey Warden Documents
Papers bearing a Grey Warden seal. The text is gibberish, probably encrypted.
, source: Chest of Documents
A fairly heavy gold bar.
, source: Treasure Pile.
Codex entries EditCodex entry: The First Blight: Chapter 4 Codex entry: Gwaren Codex entry: Antiva
- During the City Elf Origin, this area is labeled "Arl of Denerim's Estate," whereas after the Landsmeet it is labeled "Arl of Denerim's Estate - Interior."
- The disguise isn't broken by summoning creatures, casting non-hostile spells, strange auras or weapons that any of the companions might show or have.
- While disguised, it is a perfect time for a pickpocket to pick the pockets of everyone you come across.
- Inside a room, there is a male guard and a female servant engaging in a sexual activity, if you come near and disturb them then he will sound the alarm.