Arl of South Reach
Leonas Bryland is the Arl of South Reach, and father to Habren. He fought with King Maric alongside a young Bryce Cousland and Rendon Howe, during the Orlesian occupation, in order to drive the invaders away. Once the Landsmeet starts, he can be found in the Gnawed Noble Tavern conversing with Bann Alfstanna.
Bryland is one of the nobles attending the Landsmeet. He will always support the Warden, no matter what.
- "Habren has done nothing since we've arrived except spend coin on herself. If we stay in Denerim much longer, I'll have to send her to a cloister."
- "Rendon Howe was no friend of mine. The boy I knew... died at the battle of White River."
- "The only thing of Howe worth mourning is that he did not die years ago!"
- "Some of us are curious, Loghain, about precisely what happened at Ostagar". (If the Warden says "I'm not the one who betrayed Ferelden" at the Landsmeet).
- "South Reach stands with the Grey Wardens."
- Earlier in the development of Dragon Age: Origins, Leonas' first name was Gareth.