Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “I am study. I am a learning thirst. Come, know what has not been lost.”
The Archivist is a fragmented spirit in the Shattered Library.
The Archivist is a spirit of wisdom that once "knew all". The elvhen called it "Ghil-Dirthalen", or "one who guides seekers of knowledge true." Vir Dirthara was a connecting place and the spirit was connection - one city could read the records of another and one of the People feel the memories of another.When Fen'Harel created the Veil, the Archivist marked the end of all the elvhen knew. The spirit itself was sundered and is now not whole, which it laments. It is unable to "think with itself" and the knowledge of each instance is incomplete.
- The first Archivist at the Entrance explains the nature of the place and paints a picture of its destruction. It also tells that Viddasala's scholars and mages search the library for information about the Veil. As a final warning, it mentions that an unknown person recently woke the Librarians.
- The second Archivist in the Broken Tower or Sundered Hall (whichever is visited earlier) reveals that it was the Dread Wolf who cast a Veil between "the world that wakes" and "the world that dreams," and in the aftermath the Evanuris went silent.
- The third Archivist in the Broken Tower or Sundered Hall (whichever is visited later) stores memories of ancient elves who were enraged with Fen'Harel - the Veil of his making turned their empire to ruins and then he disappeared.
- The last Archivist in the Inverted Ward tells the Inquisitor that Viddasala went to the Darvaarad and shares the password for the eluvian leading there. The spirit also raises a path for the Inquisitor to walk and explains its own purpose in the ages past.