- See also: Achievements (Dragon Age II)
Archaeologist is an achievement in Dragon Age II, which is obtained by finding at least 3 of these notes from the Band of Three in each act. Each note will give you an entry in the Codex entry: The Enigma of Kirkwall. On the PC, holding down the tab key is immensely helpful for finding the more elusive fragments.
The locations of the entries are listed in the order in which they appear in the codex entry in game (not a chronological order in which you should discover them).
Act 1 Edit
- Entry 1: Gallows Courtyard, as soon as you enter, turn right and go to the rightmost area of the map. The entry is hidden in the pile of rubble near the closed gate.
- Entry 2: Viscount's Keep, in a hidden panel between the left portrait and the filing cabinet in Seneschal Bran's office. The message at the Viscount's Keep in Act 1 is in the room at the NW corner at the top of the map, near the Vicount's office. Go to the right side of the desk as you are facing it from the front, standing in front of left portrait, select A. (Icon does not appear but Enigma letter will appear on screen.)
- Entry 3: The Bone Pit, near some Elfroot in the southeast part of the map before entering the mine. It can be obtained by clicking on a sheet of paper sticking out from under one of the rocks blocking a path to the left of the Elfroot node.
- Entry 4: Kirkwall Alienage in Lowtown (night), to the left of Merrill's house in an alcove behind the manhole cover.
Act 2 Edit
- Entry 5: in the Gallows Dungeon during Dissent, clearing west of the exit, after the battle with Ser Alrik.
- Entry 6: in the Qunari Compound in the Docks, up the stairs on the left, among some rocks on the ground.
- Entry 7: in the Kirkwall Chantry, inside a book on a table on the upper floor near the fireplace.
- Entry 8: Darktown (day or night), in the corner just past the exit near the Poison shop (west entrance) under some rubble.
Act 3 Edit
These are all found during quests.
- Entry 9: during On The Loose in the Templar Hall in the Gallows, hidden on a torch in the room beside Meredith's, further down the hall. This scroll can be found after starting the quest.
- Entry 10: in the Sewers during Justice in a corner of the southern-most room, somewhat hidden in a small alcove before the stairs.
- Entry 11: down the ramp, next to Shipment 1039 in Smetty's Fish Guttery during Gamlen's Greatest Treasure.
- Entry 12: on the Docks during The Last Straw, turn right at the giant statue, check near stacked crates you can see it as you stand in front of the statue (the one you see as you enter the area).
NOTE: The official strategy guide incorrectly states that two of the entries, rather than one, can be found during the Justice quest.