Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fighting between apostate mages and rogue templars has driven refugees from their homes and endangered everyone in the area.
This quest can be triggered by finding any of the three portions of Codex entry: Stronghold of the Apostate Mages:
- Along the road from the Crossroads to Redcliffe, a note inside a cabin by a crop field. The cabin is almost directly east of the Mage Hideout
- Pass through the tunnel from the Crossroads and turn right immediately after exiting. Follow the path and veer to the left to find a small cave that is framed by trees. There is a note on a table inside the cave
- Dropped as random loot by an enemy.
The quest can also be triggered by simply approaching the Apostate Stronghold in Witchwood (Mage Hideout on the map).
Search Witchwood for the apostate stronghold. The Inquisitor should reach the location highlighted on the map, and progress north to reach the stronghold (a simple camp with a larger group of foes). The camp also holds the entrance to a cave, protected by a Fire-based barrier, with more enemies within. Clear the camp and the cave to complete the quest.
- 354 XP
- 200 Influence
- 2 Power
- The level 7 elite Rebel Mage inside the cave will always drop Wrath of Lovias
Patterned after the Staff of Archon Lovias. Ever-watchful for rivals, the canny Lovias crafted a weapon that also shielded him with energy that absorbed hostile spellpower. His death at age 89, from choking on a fishbone, is the subject of a few notable Tevinter comedies.
Requires: Level 2
Damage: 27 Cold
+4% Magic Defense
- This quest will become unavailable after the Inquisition moves to Skyhold. It will be moved to Completed Quests and say, "The apostates are gone."
- The cave is also the final location for Astrariums in the Hinterlands. A new section will be open once the three astrarium puzzles have been solved.
- Once this quest is completed, random mage groups will no longer spawn in the Hinterlands, although some scripted encounters may remain. If both this quest and the quest Templars to the West are completed, the fighting sounds around Fort Connor stop as well.