"So what would you do if you didn't have to be a Warden?"Edit
Automatic conversation upon returning to the Vigil's Keep Throne Room, but can be initiated (Requires at least 26 approval).
- So what would you do if you didn't have to be a Warden?
- I'd go back to court, of course. (If you married royalty in Origins)
- Strange question to ask out of the blue. (to 2)
- I don't "have" to do anything. (+2) (to 3)
- Once you're a Warden, there's no going back. (-3) (to 2)
- I'd leave. There's plenty to do elsewhere. (to 3)
- Does nobody ever leave the Wardens?
- I've never liked the idea of being trapped somewhere, to be honest. It reminds me of the Circle. You'd think after my seventh escape attempt, they'd give me credit for trying.
- Seven escape attempts? (to 4)
- How is it that they didn't just execute you? (to 4) (non-mage wardens)
- And they didn't just make you tranquil? (to 4) (mage wardens)
- Are you thinking of escaping here, too? (to 4)
- You know, there is one thing I miss about the tower. My cat.
- You had a cat? (to 5)
- Why didn't you take it with you? (to 5)
- Miss your little kitty, do you? (to 5)
- (If kitten was given to Anders prior to conversation) The only thing I ever missed about the Circle was that cat, to be honest.
- And now you have a new one. (ends conversation)
- So you mentioned before. (to 5)
- They let you have a cat in the tower? (to 5)
- There were days when that stupid cat was the only person I saw. Except for him not being a person. Still, I liked him. Poor Mr. Wiggums.
- Why 'poor Mr. Wiggums'?
- I can't believe you called him that.
- Let's just move on.
"May I point out that you're all right?"Edit
Speak to Anders after completing Freedom for Anders
- Go ahead.
- I'm 'all right'?
- What brought this on?
Statue of Andraste in the CourtyardEdit
- Aren't all humans? (available to a dwarf or elf Warden)
- Don't say such things! (available to a human Warden) (-6)
- It's just a statue. (-2)
- Are you looking for realism? It's an icon. (-2)
Tree outside the city gates Edit
- "It comes complete with the smell of dogs and dust, but the freedom is in there too."
- You think being a Grey Warden is freedom?
- You really don't care for the Circle of Magi, do you?
- That's just someone baking a pie.
- "Eventually, I'm sure they would have branded me a maleficar, true or not, and executed me."
- "There's nothing a mage can do to prove himself. Everyone needs to be protected from you. The end."
- "(sigh)All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools."
Freedom for Anders (initiated by Namaya)Edit
- After speaking to Namaya in Amaranthine. (Begins with, "I...suppose that requires some explanation.")
- No! Not at all! Don't be silly. (+2)
- What was she talking about?
- Friend of yours, I take it?
- To find a cache? (+3)
- You don't seem very good at eluding them.
- What did she learn? (+3)
- Inside Abandoned Warehouse near the Merchants Guild.
- Encounter with Rylock
- You made a poor choice with this one, Commander. Anders will never submit, not to us and not to you.
- So this was a lure? Nothing more? (0)
- He has made a fine Grey Warden so far. (+6)
- You're probably right. (-10)
- The Chantry's authority supersedes the crown in this matter. You cannot hide within the Grey Wardens' ranks.
- No. He stays with us. (+10)
- And what will you give us in return? (-10)
- Note that this option will revert to the latter given selections
- If you have selected to keep or turn in Anders, you will be given 2 subsequent choices depending on the selections
- You made a poor choice with this one, Commander. Anders will never submit, not to us and not to you.
- After the fight is over
- Encounter with Rylock
Out of Control (Quest) Edit
- After accepting this quest from the chantry board in Amaranthine, speaking to Ser Rylien in order to continue the quest results in (-1) approval for Anders.
Lyrium Bucket in the Trade QuarterEdit
- Don't the dwarves object?
- You thinking of going into business?
- You don't care for the Chantry much, I see.
- Sounds horrible. (+2) // Sound familiar. (if Warden is mage) (+2)
- They don't have much choice. (-3)
- What's the alternative?
Endgame Choices Edit
- Leave Anders in the Vigil's Keep upon receiving news of the attack on Amaranthine. (+2)
- Choose to save Amaranthine. (+2)
- Choose to defend the Vigil's Keep. (-5) , but if persuaded, no change.
- Side with the Architect instead of killing him. (-5)
Dragon Age II Edit
- Act of Mercy: Tell Thrask you will help the mages (+5)
Act of Mercy: Agree to help the mages escape (either by killing Thrask, or convincing him that they are dead) (+5)
Act of Mercy: Choose "I'm your best friend" dialogue or defer to Varric upon exiting the cave after agreeing to help without killing Thrask (+5)
- The Deep Roads Expedition: Refuse to deal with the Rock Wraith/Demon (+10)
The Deep Roads Expedition: Agree to find the Wardens for Carver or Bethany (+5)
- An Errant Letter: Tell Thrask you will keep his secret (+5)
- Enemies Among Us: Ask Anders to assist with Idunna's compulsion: (+5) (note that this can be negated if you send her to the templars)
- Enemies Among Us: Ask Anders to check if Keran is possessed: (+5) (note that this can be negated if you say you will have to tell the templars) (If Merril is in your party you will only be able to ask her and gain no approval)
- Enemies Among Us: The final conversation with Cullen in the Gallows Courtyard can earn various friendship points. "It's the templars' fault": (+10); "Keran should keep his status" (+5)
- Long Way Home: When Merrill opens the barrier with blood magic, pick: "The demon, you mean." (+10)
- Loose Ends (Meeran): Refuse to kill Harriman (+5)
- Shepherding Wolves: Accept the quest from Sister Petrice (+10)
- Shepherding Wolves: Refusing to turn over Ketojan (+10)
- Talk to Anders: You can gain up to (+10) for a female/ (+15) for a male, but only via flirting. See the Quest page for details.
- Wayward Son: Choosing to let Feynriel go free (+10)
- Visiting the Gallows: with Fenris in the party will initiate a dialog. If Anders is present and you end with "It is wrong to oppress Mages" option (+5)
- Visit Anders: There is a maximum of (+35) (for a female)/ (+15) (for a male) to be gained here with flirting, (+5) without it. See the Quest page for details.
- Agree to help Anders (+5)
- Stop Anders from killing the girl (star dialog option) (if on the Friendship path) (+15)
- In the final conversation, if you simply give Anders Ser Alrik's papers (star dialog option) you will receive (+15). If you talk to him and end the conversation by asking him to stay you can gain as much as (+30). In that conversation, the following choices can net the maximum friendship: "Calm down" (+10), "It wasn't your fault" (+15), and then avoid the aggressive paths.
- Night Terrors:
- Repentance: Choose "I won't betray my friends" (+5) and then "Die, fiend!" (+5) for a total of (+10).
- A Bitter Pill: Defend the mages in the conversation after Hadriana's death. (+5)
- Mirror Image: Deny Merrill the Arulin'Holm, or refuse at fist and then agree. (+10)
- Offered and Lost: Say "Varnell and the others die." (+5)
- Tevinter Chantry Amulet (quest): Give Anders the gift (on the Friendship path) (+15)
- Alone: Give Fenris to Danarius (+5)
- Haunted: Give Sandal the idol piece to make a rune out of it (+5)
- Justice (quest): Accept the quest via 'Kind/diplomatic responses (+15). Accept the quest saying "You're wrong" followed by all Humorous responses, or with "What does that mean?" followed by all Kind/diplomatic responses (+10). Accept the quest saying ""What does that mean?" followed by all Humorous responses (+5).
- Agreeing to help Anders get into the Chantry will net at the end of the quest (+10)
- Altar of Dumat: Defile the altar (+5)
- Legacy (quest): Side with Larius (+5)
- After looting Corypheus for the Seal of Dumat: Say that the origin of the darkspawn doesn't justify the treatment of mages today (+5)
- Act of Mercy: Tell Thrask to deal with the mages himself (+5)
- Act of Mercy: Tell Alain he must return to the Circle (aggressive option) (+5)
- Act of Mercy: Tell Grace you will not help her (+10)
- Act of Mercy: Once you exit the Runaway's Cavern, turn the mages over to the templars (+15)
- An Errant Letter: Tell Thrask pay me or I'll expose you (+5)
- Bait and Switch: Choosing "I'm well aware." when Fenris confronts you with your mage companion(s). (+5)
- Enemies Among Us: Send Idunna to the templars (+5) (note that this can be negated if you asked Anders to help with the compulsion)
- Enemies Among Us: Tell Keran he must go back to the templars. (+5) (note this can be negated if you asked Anders to check for possession)
- Enemies Among Us: The final conversation with Cullen in the Gallows Courtyard can earn various rivalry points. "You're right" (+15); "You can't take any chances" (+5)
- Long Way Home: When Merrill opens the barrier with blood magic, pick: "It did help us." (+10)
- Loose Ends (Meeran): Kill Harriman. (+5)
- Shepherding Wolves: Reject the quest from Sister Petrice (+5)
- Shepherding Wolves: Hand Ketojan over to the arvaarad (+10)
- Talk to Anders: You can gain up to (+10). See the Quest page for details.
- Wayward Son: Convincing Feynriel to go to the Circle (+15)
- Wayward Son: Choosing Aggressive dialog option, "I will stop him" when speaking to Arianni in the Alienage (+5)
- Wayward Son: If Feynriel is sent to the Gallows, have Anders in the party when informing Arianni at the end of the quest (+5)
- Visiting the Gallows with Fenris in the party will initiate a dialog. If Anders is present and you end with "The Circle is necessary" option (+5)
- Visiting the Gallows at some point after Enemies Among Us, you can speak to Cullen about the templars. If Anders is present and you end with "I support the templars" option (+10)
- The Deep Roads Expedition: Deal with the Rock Wraith/Demon (+15)
- Visit Anders: There is a maximum of (+20) to be gained here with flirting, (+15) without it. See the Quest page for details.
- Dissent: Stop Anders from killing the girl (star dialog option) (if on the Rivalry path) (+15)
- Dissent: In the final dialogue with Anders, take the aggressive path (+20), although you must end by asking him to stay with you.
- Night Terrors: Tell Keeper Marethari you will make Feynriel Tranquil if needed (+5)
- Night Terrors: Say you will accept Torpor's offer and when given the two options "Anders is right" and "Back off Anders", select the latter to fight Justice inside of the Fade. Even if after you kill Justice and then talk to Torpor you choose to select "I don't work with demons", Anders will still think you made a deal with Torpor and you will retain the corresponding rivalry points (+15)
- Repentance: Saying "I do like power..." and "That's a good point" to Allure (without stating you will not betray your friends) (+5)
- Mirror Image: Give the arulin'holm to Merrill the first time the asks for it (+10) (no rivalry gain if in romance with Anders)
- Questioning Beliefs Choosing the aggressive options will give (+15)
- Tevinter Chantry Amulet (quest): Give Anders the gift (on the Rivlary path, patch 1.02 or later) (+15)
- Check on Anders: Choose the Aggressive option ("Mages are dangerous") in the second dialogue. (+10)
- A New Path: When Merrill is grieving over the Keeper's death, say "She [the Keeper] was stupid." (+5)
- Haunted: Let Varric keep the idol piece (+5)
- Justice: Accept the quest saying "You're right" followed by all Aggressive responses. (+10). Accept the quest with "What does that mean?" followed by all Aggressive responses gives (+5). (Don't reject request.)
- Justice: Refuse to help him get into the Chantry for (+15) and an immediate end to the quest (which prevents one final talk and costume change). Agreeing to get him in the Chantry without max Rivalry yields an unavoidable (+15). Then, finishing the quest with anything less than max Rivalry leads to another unavoidable (+10).
- On the Loose: Send Emile de Launcet back to the Circle after allowing him to spend the night with Nella (+5)
- On the Loose: During the final conversation with Meredith, telling him to be quiet after he tries to blame the situation on the templars and Meredith (+10)
- Best Served Cold: Accept the quest from Meredith using the options "How can I Help?" and "Very Well." (+10)
- Best Served Cold: Accept the quest from Orsino using the option "I'll stop them." (+10)
- Best Served Cold: Telling Samson that the mages must be stopped (+10)
- Best Served Cold: Telling Meredith who was involved in the conspiracy against her ("I'll name names") (+5)