Ancient History is a side quest in the Warden's Keep DLC for Dragon Age: Origins. The Warden has followed Levi Dryden to Soldier's Peak. There they find information about Asturian, the Commander of the Grey who oversaw the construction of the fortress. This leads them to a powerful sword he hid centuries before.
- Interact with the following four objects scattered throughout Soldier's Peak and gather codex entries that give the background to this quest:
- The Statue in the southwest corner outside the fortress unlocks Codex entry: The History of Soldier's Peak: Chapter 1.
- The Book in the Archives on the First Floor unlocks Codex entry: The History of Soldier's Peak: Chapter 2.
- The Raspberry Jam on the shrine up the steps on the Second Floor unlocks Codex entry: The History of Soldier's Peak: Chapter 3.
- The Corpse on the wall of Avernus's Tower unlocks Codex entry: The History of Soldier's Peak: Chapter 4.
- Once all four codex entries have been collected and after the veil is closed examine Asturian's Portrait. It is located above the fireplace in the northwest corner of the second floor (the hall where you sealed the Veil) and down the stairs from Levi Dryden. Recite the Grey Wardens' oath and Asturian's Stash will slide out of its secret compartment.
Clue locations Edit
- This quest is not finishable after you finished the Soldier's Peak (quest) and have left Soldier's Peak the first time.
1 50Asturian's Might
Varies (Tier 3 or 6)
Requires: 15 or 27 strength
Damage: 8.40 or 10.50
Critical chance: 2.40% or 3.00%
Armor penetration: 2.60 or 3.50
Strength modifier: 1.00
+1 armor penetration
Weakens Nearby Darkspawn Shadow Belt
Crafted from dark leather, this unassuming belt is a favorite of thieves, cutpurses, and rogues.
+3% melee critical chance