Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
After the Joining is a main quest in Dragon Age: Origins. Now that you are a Grey Warden, Duncan asks you to attend a strategy meeting with King Cailan to find out what your role will be in the upcoming battle.
- After the Joining cutscene is over, you will receive the Warden's Oath as well as all of Daveth's and Ser Jory's's equipment (their armor may be a decent upgrade if you're a warrior or rogue). You also receive +1 talent/spell. Alistair leaves the party and waits by Duncan's tent.
Note: This will be your last chance to deal with Ostagar personnel, particularly the Quartermaster and Kennel Master
- If you used stealing on the characters in camp during daytime, you can now use it again and obtain another item from some people.
- If you cross the bridge before going to the War Council the game still auto-saves and the fight-music starts, even though the battle has not started yet.
- When you are ready, meet Duncan at the War Council, watch the cutscene, and accept (perhaps grudgingly) the task King Cailan assigns to you and Alistair.
- Back at Duncan's tent, the Wardens will be briefed on their mission:
- Alistair will complain about how unimportant this mission seems to be. Responding with "Stop your whining. We have an important job." will result in (-5) . Choosing this or agreeing with his complaints (which does not affect Approval) leads to a wisecrack about 'dancing the Remigold' (at which point a female Warden saying "I think I'd like to see that" earns (+1) ).
- After the dialogue, Alistair rejoins the party.
- Head for the bridge to trigger the first Battle of Ostagar cutscene.
- King Cailan has asked you to light the beacon atop the Tower of Ishal, to signal Teyrn Loghain's men to flank the darkspawn.
- Alistair rejoins your party.
- You can now start Tower of Ishal (quest).
- Look out for Uldred, who will play a significant role later, at the strategy meeting.