Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Abandoned Thaig is an old thaig at the west end of Sundermount in the Free Marches. It becomes accessible in Act 2 via a cave entrance marked "Recently Opened Passage". It is renamed to Hidden Dungeon in Act 3.
The thaig contains one of the Evil Tomes of Tarohne from the Forbidden Knowledge quest, and perhaps in consequence has become infested with undead and demons. There are also some stone golems and a Nexus Golem, presumably left behind when the thaig was abandoned.
Quests EditForbidden Knowledge (Act 2) "South-Song" Gerralt's Corpse (Act 2)
Notable items EditEvil Tome
(Act 2), on the other side of the room from the Nexus Golem. This item is related to the Forbidden Knowledge quest. Roadhammer
Damage: 32 physical damage
(52 per second)
+10% physical damage
25% chance to reduce attack speed
25% chance to reduce movement speed (Act 3) Vir Atish'an
Requires: 29 magic
+13% healing by this character (Act 3)
The battle of the central room is divided into 5 phases, each with many simple enemies and 1 boss except the last two phases. The battle is long and it's best to save your talents to kill the boss of the phase after killing all the simple enemies (because when you kill the boss of the phase, the next boss appears immediately no matter if you killed the other enemies). If you're too slow to kill all the enemies of a phase, the next phase can begin before the end of the previous one.
Never let your mage stay in the middle of the room since it will often be the preferred target of your enemies when they appear. The best place is next to your group as no creatures use AoE. On normal difficulty, you will rest between phase 4 and phase 5. For the last phase, the best bet is to kill the Arcane Horror first as it uses a lot of AoE attacks and could severely injure your group.
A good strategy is to retreat to the hallway you came from, creating a choke point for your tank and bunching the enemies on the stairs for your ranged damage dealers and mages to AoE safely and effectively. Also, this can sometimes result in the following phase not spawning/attacking immediately, allowing time to save, recuperate or prepare for subsequent phases if necessary.
- The first phase consists of one rage demon and four shades.
- The second phase consists of one desire demon, two abominations, and two shades.
- The third phase consists of one rage demon and three shades.
- The fourth phase consists of two abominations and two shades.
- The fifth phase consists of one arcane horror and one revenant.
- In Act 3, as you enter you will encounter skeleton archers and corpses and, in the hallway, one arcane horror and one revenant along with several skeleton archers and corpses. There will be no enemies in the area with the Nexus Golem.
- pcxbox360 (1.04): There seems to be a bug that after the end of the long 5 phased battle explained above, no XP will be given as reward.
- pc(1.04): All 5 waves of enemies in the center room can spawn at the same time.