The ancient Tevinter manuscript has some marvelous diagrams, but Frederic is unable to read the script.
- Find the Tevinter writing on Dragon Luring. The manuscript is found in the Still Ruins. It is in a small room on the west side of the Hall of Silence, the same room that contains a Veilfire torch.
- Return the Manuscript to Frederic, and he will ask if the Inquisitor can translate it. The Inquisitor suggests that the Inquisition may have access to someone who can. Unlocks the War Table operation Translate the Dragon Text. This costs 5 Power to complete.
- After completing the operation, return to Frederic to complete the quest.
- 242 XP
- 80 Influence
- Frederic gives out the final quest in the chain, The Abyssal High Dragon, upon completion of Sharper White Claws.
- If Dorian is present in the party when Frederic says he cannot translate the writing, he will claim it to be of ancient Tevinter origin.
If Sharper White Claws has advanced to the point where the White Claw Raiders have been killed, but the quest not turned in to Frederic (with the dialogue "The raiders are dead."), turning in the translated manuscript and completing this quest will make him assume that quest has been completed, removing the dialogue option to complete it. It will remain incomplete in the journal, with no reward granted, while advancing the quest chain to The Abyssal High Dragon.